• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ABS lost it's mind??

asatxj

NAXJA Forum User
The Jeep 91 Limited with ABS
The problem Just as I get to a complete stop I hear the ABS pump kick in and the brakes lose grip for about 2 seconds. They then grab and stop. Kind of wild and lets me roll forward about 8 feet. Brakes feel a little soft. Any ideas what the deal may be? If the pump is bad isn't it covered "for life" by DCX?
Update I pulled the relay for the abs and it doesn't do it. Brake feel is a little soft.
Ideas?

I would take it to a dealer, that abs stuff can get espensive to play with. You may be right about the lifetime thing, every once in a while it crops up on the forum that someone got this and that abs problem fixed for free....

Yep, do a search on 'bendix' and you'll find all sorts of interesting threads.
Your abs-system is subject to recall #702; master cylinder and abs pump/motor assembly have a lifetime warranty.

However, it does not seem that your problem is caused by either one of these. I had exactly the same problem and finally I decided to disable the ABS system by disconnecting a wheel sensor.

Regards (and good luck!!),
André

Back