• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep kid trapped in a Chevy Garage

MassbayXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone. I am a Ford Guy at heart (buddies have big blocks)but Jeeps(cherokee) just seemed to be what I was after. I work around Chevys all day and I'd just like to say that all the stuff you read in mags about the new line of LS1 based engines (4.8,5.3, 6.0) is definetlt true. These engines are the balls. Ever see a 3/4 ton Suburban light up the tires? I have . These new engines are so good they are doing a hell of a job killing the 4L60-e trannies. I write this just to let you all know that a new crate 4.8 LR4 or a 5.3 L37 would look awesome in a XJ. They are much lighter than most truck 350's and have 6 BOLT MAINS. The are so much simpler than engines of past like smog 350's and mostly all 4.3's even down to the drive by wire(2003 and up) The new line of inlines (2.8 liter 4cyl, 3.5 lter 5 cyl, and 4.2 liter 6cyl.) looks like a home run as well. Just keep a heads up. You could start seeing 4.8 or 3.5 liter Cherokees blowing the doors off Mustangs and F-bodies.

F_ _k you . I wouldn't even give you the 2.8 out of the trash truck! All I was trying to do do was expand your horizons and let you know whats out there. If a 5.3 makes a Suburban go fast, It will make a Cherokee go much faster.

MassbayXJ said:
F_ _k you . I wouldn't even give you the 2.8 out of the trash truck! All I was trying to do do was expand your horizons and let you know whats out there. If a 5.3 makes a Suburban go fast, It will make a Cherokee go much faster.

no sense of humour at all

no love atall.........dang.......

I take it that LS1 engines are those relatively new inline 6's that GM came out with about the time that jeep decided to come out with that new V6 for the KJ ???
Be nice if it was a drop in on the 6 but if it's as good as stated the 4 cyl might be a big improvment over the 2.5L or maybe the 5 cyl might fit [5cyls to me are spooky and unnatural and I don't care what audi says]

the LS1 motor is what is in v8 camaros and vettes. LS1 = v8. LT1 = v8(just for reference).

the new 5 cyl chevy came out with for the colorado/canyon is a p.o.s boat anchor. its not worth a damn.

BrettM said:
if it'll make you happy, I'll swap an LS1 in to my MJ.

I'll PM you my address and you can ship it right away, I'll pay shipping since you're paying for the motor

lol! I thought it was funny. Seriously though with the right resources that would be fun, to turn an MJ into a sleeper at the track. If my memory serves, someone had an LS1 in thier XJ at the 20th Anniversary show n shine.

Back