• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help me put my flare back on !

SVT

NAXJA Forum User
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I went to lift up on the passanger side of my 99 & I pulled the fender flare off, nothing was damaged, but I took the bottom screw off & cleaned the fender since it was so dirty anyway ,but now I can't pop the thing back on properly for the life of me. I can get the front & back started but the middle still bulges out on me , is there a trick to putting it back on ? (start from one side ?) this is just ticking me off Ive tried fooling around with it for the last 1/2 hour & it's driving me crazy please help :doh:

take the retainer off the body and attatch it to the flare first. there are several nuts inside the wheel well to remove, sometimes they are seized so use penetrating oil. after installing them on the flare use a new screw to attach the bottom. if the retainers are bent or damaged they will have to be replaced or the flare wont fit flush

And put anti-seize on the threads so it's easier when to put them back on next time when an agressive tree peels them off...

Now the jeep looks good with out the flare, Im debating weather or not to take them all off & do a little trimming . Is there nice flares out there if I change my mind ? or is there a way to trim that I can put teh original flares back on ?
( i don't think so but I thought I would ask)

Back