• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Bear June 11 - 13 - Who's coming when?

When are you meet up with us?

• Saturday night / Sunday morning.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
Alright, time for a head count. Just scratch down if you're planning on meeting up wiht us on Friday night or Saturday, that way we can figure out the best camp spot.

Thanks,
Sequoia

I'll be there saturday morning, whenever everyone decides to meet. I'll be staying just a few hours away, so it's not a problem.

-Chris

Where'd everybody go?

Anyway I'll be there Friday night and will stay through Sunday. I'll probably be bringing a freind who'll be driving a non Jeep vehicle. I've been trying to get him to convert.

I won't be rolling in till around 10 on Friday so I'd prefer an easy to get to camping spot. Is the discovery center open late so I can get one of those goofy Adventure passes? (Do I need one?)

Enjoy,

Matt

I'll be showing up after work on Friday.

Where are we meeting up?

-Scott

mattb said:
...goofy Adventure passes? (Do I need one?)
Yup. Are you coming straight from Vegas? If not I know you can pick them up at REI, and maybe places like SportMart...? Reminds me that I need to get one too, I'm pretty sure mine is expired...

Scott - I'll meet up with you around Fontucky again, not exactly sure of the time yet, I'll know later when I see if I've sucesfully talked Janie into going or not...

More details still to come, been slammed at work the past couple weeks.

Sequoia

GSequoia said:
Yup. Are you coming straight from Vegas? If not I know you can pick them up at REI, and maybe places like SportMart...? Reminds me that I need to get one too, I'm pretty sure mine is expired...

Yeah, I'll be coming from Vegas. Maybe someplace in Barstow sells them... Will you be "wilderness" camping or using an established area?

Matt

Hmm...the Adventure passes, is that for day use or overnight camping? And I assume those aren't the OHV passes that quads and dirtbikes need for the dunes? I know I can buy the OHV passes here in Vegas, don't know about those Adventure passes.

Shanbo44 said:
Sorry I will not be making this trip. :bawl: The mother in law is finally moving out!! :party: but I have to do all the moving :doh:

Hopefully there will be another trip out there this summer.

How can you bail out on a trip you started? :wierd:

-Scott

GSequoia said:
Scott - I'll meet up with you around Fontucky again, not exactly sure of the time yet, I'll know later when I see if I've sucesfully talked Janie into going or not...

Sequoia

Fontucky works for me.

Janie huh...you got more ladies then OJ. You are gonna have to let me know some of your secerets.

-Scott

Will I need the adventure forest pass even though I'm out of state? And what is involved in getting one? I ask because I'll be getting in late Friday night.

Thanks,

Chris

jpfreak said:
Will I need the adventure forest pass even though I'm out of state? And what is involved in getting one? I ask because I'll be getting in late Friday night.

Thanks,

Chris

Essentially if you're in the National Forest, you need to buy an "Adventure Pass," so you can park, camp, and use the trails. They sell them by the day and by the year. If you're going to be in LA you can pick one up at a number of places along the way to big bear. Do a search on-line for the "San Bernardino National Forest" and you should be able to dig up the needed info. If you're coming straight from Las Vegas, as I'll be doing, there seems to be a gas station in Big Bear City that sells them. I'm going to call and see how late they're open till.

mattb said:
Essentially if you're in the National Forest, you need to buy an "Adventure Pass," so you can park, camp, and use the trails. They sell them by the day and by the year. If you're going to be in LA you can pick one up at a number of places along the way to big bear. Do a search on-line for the "San Bernardino National Forest" and you should be able to dig up the needed info. If you're coming straight from Las Vegas, as I'll be doing, there seems to be a gas station in Big Bear City that sells them. I'm going to call and see how late they're open till.

I need to pick one up too, I could grab a spare if anyone needs one.

-Scott

Well since I won't be camping I won't worry about it this time. I'm down in SoCal enough that I should pick one up eventually, I'll probably do that this summer.

Also it looks like you want to meet at the campsite around 9-9:30? That's fine with me, I just don't know how to find it. It looks like it will be about 2.5 hours from Van Nuys so that won't be a problem.

Thanks,

Chris

Back