• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

longer leafs

pro-rallye

NAXJA Forum User
in my search for more travel, i plan on using longer leaf springs in conjunction with longer shackles. are there any inexpensive leaves (factory junkyard leaves from other vehicles) that would be about 60" long and have a nice arc to them for about 5" lift? i know commanche leaves are ~57" long, are their any others? i just can't force myself to spend over 500 for a custom made set.

pro-rallye said:
in my search for more travel, i plan on using longer leaf springs in conjunction with longer shackles. are there any inexpensive leaves (factory junkyard leaves from other vehicles) that would be about 60" long and have a nice arc to them for about 5" lift? i know commanche leaves are ~57" long, are their any others? i just can't force myself to spend over 500 for a custom made set.

A few have tried Chevy 63" leaves, try searching. Some have mounted them under the frame reails and others have modified the front spring mount.

I used 1/2 ton Chevy leaves with MJ main leaves, 3" longer in front and 2" longer in back. Went to the wrecking yard with a tape measure and measured pretty much everything I saw. I moved the front hanger forward 3" and made a boomerang shackle for the rear, which kept the axle in the same location.

Back