• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long Arm Question again....

RockRod

NAXJA Forum User
What is the main difference between Clayton's, Rusty's, or the Rubicon kit due to ship any year now. Do clayton's sqaure arms hold up as good as round?? Will these all work about the same since the design is basically the same??? Only difference I can see is price and square tube??? And Rusty's bolts on, no welding??? :variety:

there's no problem with square tube for that application. it has PLENTY of tensile strength (2x2 .250 wall), and is more resistant to bending from a bottom impact than round tube of similar size.

I say get the Claytons because:
1) I've seen it and it's nice, only thing I didn't like is the arms hang kinda low at the crossmember, but I think they all do that
2) I don't like Rusty's, many other people feel the same way, that's all I'm gonna say about that
3) Rubicon Express makes good stuff, but I don't think their kit is available yet

what about the full traction 4-link i think that is nice but haven't heard much about it.

RockRod said:
What is the main difference between Clayton's, Rusty's, or the Rubicon kit due to ship any year now. Do clayton's sqaure arms hold up as good as round?? Will these all work about the same since the design is basically the same??? Only difference I can see is price and square tube??? And Rusty's bolts on, no welding??? :variety:

Do your own combination......I did.

I used Claytons crossmember, and the Rubicon Express TJ long arms. My only reason for the rubicon arms is that they are made out of chromoly. Since my rig is a daily driver i look for reliability.

I couldn't resist. Here's Full-Tractions...

underside.jpg

the beefed crossmember on claytons kit is nice

Check out centerlinemotorsports.com this is the kit that i will be running. I have met the owner and looked over the kit more than once. For some of us west coasters the shipping can hurt on some of the kits and centerline is local in portland Or. Call him up if you have any Q's, way cool guy. Hes even adding a custom Tcase skid to the removable center section for me.

RockRod said:
What is the main difference between Clayton's, Rusty's, or the Rubicon kit due to ship any year now.

The difference it that Clayton's and Rusty's kits actually exist.

Back