• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ordering Lift Tomorrow.....

Rough 01

NAXJA Forum User
I've been researching and saving for a couple years and now I'm going to make the purchase Monday morning. I would like to ask those of you who have done this before to check my logic and make sure I haven't left anything out.

Here's my list:

RE 6130 4.5 Super-Flex Kit (Replace Fixed CAs with Adjustable and replace the disconnects with JKS)
Bilstein 5100's (set of 4)
RE1807 Hack-n-Tap SYE
RE1898 H-n-T Driveshaft
4* Shims (set of 2)

Thanks,
Rough

I agree. The RE1600 that comes with the kit is junk.

I'd also advise against the RE 1600 trac bar.

The Joint is noisy and the threads sieze unless LIBERALLY coated in antiseize.

(I just ended up buying the HD bar and mount because of this)

GI-John said:
I'd also advise against the RE 1600 trac bar.

The Joint is noisy and the threads sieze unless LIBERALLY coated in antiseize.

(I just ended up buying the HD bar and mount because of this)

Thanks! I've made the change to my list and seeing that it's only $20 difference it's not that big a price jump!

Rough 01 said:
Thanks! I've made the change to my list and seeing that it's only $20 difference it's not that big a price jump!

Don't forget to add the HD mount. Need that for the HD trackbar.

Just get adjustable uppers and fixed lowers!

Question:
Why only adjustable uppers and not adjustable lowers? I've got plans to go higher in a couple of years and want to be able to fully adjust so that I can get it aligned no matter what my lift (within reason).

Comment:
I've already got the Pirate4x4 vendor's number and I'm also going to order the lift from the vendor who was advertising RE specials about 2 weeks ago. By far the best place to find quality vendors I've found so far.

Thanks,
Rough

Does that kit come with a full sping pack or is it the AAL and block?
The AAL and block doesn't need the angle shims...and the full spring pack kit won't need 4* shims...maybe 2* ...but that won't be a sure thing either.

Rick

Jump This said:
Does that kit come with a full sping pack or is it the AAL and block?
The RE6130 is a 3.5" spring pack and 1" shackle

Rough 01 said:
Question:
Why only adjustable uppers and not adjustable lowers? I've got plans to go higher in a couple of years and want to be able to fully adjust so that I can get it aligned no matter what my lift (within reason).
Thanks,
Rough
The fixed arms are good to about 5" w/o drop brackets and about 8" w/ drop brackets.Adj lowers will loosen in time and wear on the threads!

I've made the order!
Thanks to everyone for their input. Here is list of what I've done to my Jeep in the last 4 years. I purchased it used with some cosmetic damage and it was bone stock!

4.5 RE 'Super-Flex Lift (JKS Disco's, Adj. Uppers and Lowers), Old Man EMU Shocks, Hack-n-Tap SYE, H-n-T Driveshaft, 4* Steel Shims, Rear PowerTrax NoSlip Locker, 4 Rims 15x7 3.75BS, 31x10.5x15 Tires Kumho Venture MT, Roof Rack w/ Spare Tire Carrier, MSD 6T Ignition, MSD Blaster Coil, Rusty's 2.5" cat back, Rusty's Air Tube, Mopar Front/Transfer Case/Gas Tank Skids, Custom 4x4 Double Tube Rock Rails (best investment ever)

It's taken a while but it's getting close to being done......... ;)

Jeep, I talked to Randy at [font=arial,helvetica]www.Adventurous4x4.com and he did a very good job. I should have the parts by next Wednesday!
[/font]

sorry to hijack the thread, but can i order a hack'n tap w/ out knowing the length of the driveshaft i'm gonna need? I want to lift my jeep and do everything at once, and not have to worry about it later.

Kris

You can order the H-n-T without knowing, but it is really better to get an actual measurement

umm......i know this sounds really stupid, but what length driveshaft? or is it better to wait and measure? I dont want to get one thats REALLY wrong and have to send it back!

Kris

RE uses a measurement of your stock shaft but I forget the specific points they check; they combine that with the lift you have and send you a driveshaft that fits. You can also give them or most builders a measurement post-lift to get an exact shaft. Tom Woods has several diagrams on his site that describe the measurement points he wants. www.4xshaft.com

yucca, i'd love to do that, but i'm stuck in IRAQ....not too many 99 cherokees running around out here than i can duck under and check the rear driveshaft length;) so i guess i'll haveta wait till i come home and hope i still have money to buy my SYE. goodie. the wait thing. lots of fun.

Kris

Back