• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DW is gone

family XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I replaced all my TRE's and Ball Joints and the DW was still there. So then I bought some new and cheap tires and the DW is gone. Now my question is does anyone run LeMans 33x12.5 A/T's? I got them for each $106 mount and balanced. I forgot how quiet my Jeep can ride after riding on Super Swampers for the last 3 years. Just wanted to share and thanks again to Eagle for his words of wisdom on DW and Tires.

DuG

family XJ said:
I replaced all my TRE's and Ball Joints and the DW was still there. So then I bought some new and cheap tires and the DW is gone. Now my question is does anyone run LeMans 33x12.5 A/T's? I got them for each $106 mount and balanced. I forgot how quiet my Jeep can ride after riding on Super Swampers for the last 3 years. Just wanted to share and thanks again to Eagle for his words of wisdom on DW and Tires.

DuG

Your DW problems may still not be over. You may have fixed your problem for now with the new tires. You really have to find out why your tires were causing the problem.

After your new tires wear in, the DW may come back. There have been a number of threads lately disussing the other causes, such as proper Caster angles. Which then causes your tires to wear improperly and then contribute to DW.

This isn't just for you, but everyone else who cruizes the forum. ;)

Back