• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tow Hook Brackets

G.Q. Jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I just got a set of Tompken Tow Hook Brackets, and getting ready to install them, I need to know if I should replace the bumper bolts on my XJ when I get the brackets installed? and if so what is the length and strength I should use?. And also what size and stength of the bolts should I use for the hooks itself?

Thanks!
GQ

Grade 5, take the brackets down to a good hardware store and get bolts to fit the thread. Did the tomkne brackets come with any bolts ???

No they did not, that is why I am wondering what size to use and length. if you have any suggestions let me know! the brackets do not have any thread so I cannot fit them too well unless I take one of the bolts out first.

Thanks!

GQ

Thanks!! that is great, I was told not to use the original bumper bolts, and with the new brackets I did not think the original ones were long enough, but that info is great. I live 10 mins from Burlington so that helps out alot

GQ

Back