• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mopar TC Skid problems..

spkshasha

NAXJA Forum User
I received a Mopar tc skid in the mail..But it is slightly scuffed and bent..It has 3 holes on one side and 2 on the other..How exactly is it supposed to line up? Also, is it bolt on or do i need to drill holes? Thanks -Shawn

I just mounted one a week ago. I found that 2 of the 3 holes lined up nicely with 2 holes in the crossmember, but the holes were like 1/2 inch big which would have meant a ridiculously large bolt if I were to tap them....so instead I re-used my stock front bumper hardware: I dremel'd 2 of the threaded inserts flat and JB welded them into place in the crossmember as a kind of nut-sert, then used 2 of the T-47 Torx bumper bolts which are kinda low profile. For the frame side I drilled and tapped for two M12 bolts, also re-used bumper bolts. I banged it pretty hard last weekend and it's on there like a champ. I'll see if I can get some pictures to show what I'm talking about because I'm not sure what I just said makes much sense LOL.

TekkaMaki said:
....so instead I re-used my stock front bumper hardware: I dremel'd 2 of the threaded inserts flat (I cut the clip right where my thumb is)
TC_Skid_004.jpg

TekkaMaki said:
.... and JB welded them into place in the crossmember as a kind of nut-sert (they just fit thru the larger holes), then used 2 of the T-47 Torx bumper bolts which are kinda low profile.
TC_Skid_002.jpg

TekkaMaki said:
....For the frame side I drilled and tapped for two M12 bolts, also re-used bumper bolts.
TC_Skid_001.jpg

When I bought my factory TC skid from the dealer, it came with the nutserts and a "tool" to install them. The tool swages (expands) the "nuts" into the TC crossbar and into the framerail. Just don't overtighten the bolt when installing.

BLUTO

Back