• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What shocks should I be looking at?

wannabe

NAXJA Forum User
I am building a 99 with custom long arm kit along with RE's 5.5 kit. Im leaning toward trimming up my fenders the EricsXJ did and would like to run 35's. If I dont trim "skyjacker style" I will just run 33's. Ive got ARB's front and rear with 4.56's on the way. Ive got 90% of the figuring done but what are some reasonbly priced shock ideas. Thankx

I want to get these shocks can someone tell me what length shock they are running with RE'5 5.5 lift, I will be running 35's. Please help soon as this sale is over on the 30th. thankx to anyone that can help.

you will need to convert the shockmounts to take an eye type shock, not too hard to do. it is ideal to lift first, flex it up, and measure for what you need, but I'm guessing that you'll want the 12" travel shocks for the front and the 10" for the rear. If you're comfortable with a little fab work, just get them and make them fit.

Could you give a little more info on the conversion is this something that is pretty simple. How do you like these on the street and off. thankx just need to figure this out before the sale is over. KILLER DEAL.

do a little searching for bar-pin eliminators for the rear upper and front lower mounts, then you need to convert the front upper stud to an eye. Do a little searching or wait for someone else to chime in, all my junk is home-built, i don't buy kits, so I'm not really up on these things.

Back