• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

glass polishing?

mike harris

NAXJA Forum User
My windows are scratched and it's driving me nuts.Ireallly don't have the bucks to replace them so I'm looking into my options which brings me here to this wealth of knowledge(insert moving cinema music here)So,is there any way to polish moderately deep scratches out of glass?What has worked for you guy's?Oh I learned a valuable lesson:don't weld near the glass in a jeep!!!(exspecially with flux core)...duh should have known better.T.I.A

mike harris said:
My windows are scratched and it's driving me nuts.Ireallly don't have the bucks to replace them so I'm looking into my options which brings me here to this wealth of knowledge(insert moving cinema music here)So,is there any way to polish moderately deep scratches out of glass?What has worked for you guy's?Oh I learned a valuable lesson:don't weld near the glass in a jeep!!!(exspecially with flux core)...duh should have known better.T.I.A

Run a search as this was discussed very recently (last 2 weeks or so): Someone had some paint and that paint got scraped off or something resulting in glass that needed some polishing.....

JC Whitney sells a glass polishing kit that will do a fair job of cleaning up mild sand-blasting from normal driving, but I don't know how well it might do with weld spatter.

Thanks guy's.It seems to me like it would be possible to buff these scratches out the only problem is the lamination over the glass.

What lamination over the glass? Windshields are laminated glass -- two layers of glass with a very thin layer of rubbery plastic sandwiched between. The outer surface is glass.

Back