• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ebrake cable hanging

TekkaMaki

NAXJA Member #672
I was going to zip tie it up but couldn't really see a convenient place to do that, I don't like it hanging below the shock mount, any suggestions? maybe zip tie it to the axle right about where the white sticker is? or maybe it should be routed above the shock?

ebrake.jpg

Early XJ's came stock with a spring to hold the Ebrake cables up. That way they could give a bit.

That´s kind of asking for catastrophy, I´ve had brush and old branches get hooked up in gas lines and wires a whole lot higher than that.
I´d run it up as high as possible, find an old spring to hook up in the frame and hold it up out of the way, if it looks like it´s gonna rub on the leaf spring, put a layer of old heater hose, over it with a couple of twist ties and let it rub, doesn´t hurt much if it does, takes years to wear through.

The later type XJ's don't have these springs like the early ones. The springs were dropped when the body refresh came out.

On my 2000, I used a large zip tie to hold the cable against the axle housing at the midpoint between the spring saddle and the diff housing on the axle tube. It seems to keep the right brake cable up out of the way.

Back