• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacing slave need help

RVAXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 91 with the AX-15 internal slave I have already dropped the transmission but I can't figure out how to remove the metal hoses from the stock slave inorder to put them on the new one.

RVAXJ said:
I have a 91 with the AX-15 internal slave I have already dropped the transmission but I can't figure out how to remove the metal hoses from the stock slave inorder to put them on the new one.

You don't. The new slave should come with new tubes. If it's an aftermarket and doesn't include the new tubes, throw it back -- it's junk.

Actually I just found out they do come out so you were wrong I think. You just pul out a U shaped pin and the hoses come out.

you better make sure the seals are o.k. before you reinstall the trans. thats where the factory parts are better.sometimes the extra cost is a good insurance policy.

I second eagle

the new slave should come with the metal lines attached.
take note on how you did the job, you WILL be doing it again in the not too distant future...I can pretty much guarantee it

I got hooked up and paid $119 for a MOPAR slave...

It's fine for now I got the money from my parents and in the near future I am going to convert to the external slave bellhousing with new master etc. I just got this one for now cause me and some buds are goin down to nagshead next weekend and I just had to have something to get me there.

RVAXJ said:
Actually I just found out they do come out so you were wrong I think. You just pul out a U shaped pin and the hoses come out.

No, I've been wrong in the past and I'll be wrong in the future, but the new slave for my XJ came with new tubes, and we were playing with one in my buddy's garage just last Saturday and it came with new tubes.

Eagle said:
No, I've been wrong in the past and I'll be wrong in the future, but the new slave for my XJ came with new tubes, and we were playing with one in my buddy's garage just last Saturday and it came with new tubes.

i third eagle, my new slave came with the lines.

Back