• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Give Away XJ Donations......

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Last time I check there were several things needed for the XJ. This is NOT directed to the NAC (unless you don't donate!) If you feel like NAXJA has helped you then you should feel compelled to help it by donateing to the Giveaway XJ! I have learned soooo much from the fine folks here and saved sooo much that I donated. This is a call out to all the members to give a couple $$$$ toward the XJ! Five from every one here would get a lot of items that are needed. So come on guys, I know times are tough, but this is for our club and our passion! So anti up boys and girls!

NAXJA Rules!

Perhaps if Heather could post a list of items needed, we could dig through our parts piles and see what we have. Just an idea. Peace

Ary
NAXJA member 526

Well number one there is a list on the XJ page of parts we need but right now I need 2 things bad. One is a rear spare bumper then one I was promised has not come thru so I am back to trying to get another one. Next is the 5th wheel. then we have winch, Tools are needed along with any other little items you think about it needing but the musts ar the bumper and wheel to make the porject complete.

Thanks to those who are helpinf out.

hey,
a buddy of mine is making me a rear bumper this weekend. if it comes out nice i may be able to get him to fab one for the xj if you promise to give his shop a pat on the back hehe. you would still need to get the tire carrier, but at least you'd have a bumper...

Dave, that would be great! Your buddy's shop would be getting some great nationwide exposure, and the bumper would be going to a great cause.

A winch would be sweet...SE Chapter raised $300 for the XJ project at their Jeep/Truck Show yesterday. Who can get us an 8000#+ at 'dealer cost' ? and PM/email how much we need to pony up.

Stuff "anyone" could donate would be quality tools (Craftsman or eq, no 'harbor freight' stuff): Mertic and SAE please, you know how these things are :rolleyes:

*1/4", 3/8", 1/2" dr sockets/ratchets/extentions, torx/hex bits
*36mm -1/2"dr deep impact 6-pt socket for front axle nut
*combo wrenches
*pliers/vise grips
*BFH-LFH-mallet
*screwdriver set
*I have a new toolbox that will be donated and painted to match the XJ

Also a spare set of front axle shafts/joints would be cool to include if you have an extra spare set kicking around. 260x is fine, it is a disco-type axle.

PM Kudzu or myself, or email [email protected] for more info.

THANKS!

While we're talking about donations, remember that most of all we need to sell tickets. There is no event fee for the 20th Anniversary Celebration, so we're hoping to make a little on the Sweepstakes XJ to cover some incidental expenses and hopefully to make a nice donation to some of the important land use organizations.

If the choice is to donate something to the project or buy some tickets, please buy the tickets. :) You can get tickets by e-mailing [email protected] and saying how many tickets you'd like. The tickets are in books of ten, and once you get them fill out the stubs and mail them back to the address on the tickets with the money, and they will be entered into the drawing.

Woody, I PM you this morning about adding another item to the donated list. Either e-mail me or PM me and let me know the details. Thanks!!

XmikeJ

Woody and Heather,

I have a set of shafts that I can send your way for spares. They're disco 260's out of an 88. I'll slap in a new set of joints.

I'll start the leg work for the winch as well.

Thanks thats great...

i pm'd woody with my buddy's contact info about the bumper and a winch at cost.. i havent heard a peep and my buddy hasnt either.. we want to help so hop to it :D P.S. we can also deliver our donations at NACFEST.

-Dave

I second Dave's statement. I e-mailed Heather and PM'd Woody and haven't herd from either yet. I would be more than happy to donate. Please PM me or e-mail me. Thanks!!

XmikeJ

You have mail....I am working on several things besides working evryday from 6am to 4pm

Please email me...if you pm or email Woody he just forwards it to me. I think I have responsed to everyone.

well no PM from anyone so here goes... if you would like to get a winch at cost. Marc Salvatore from Union County 4WD and Performance has offered to give Naxja one at his cost. he can be reached at 908-624-1119. His partner Frank is building a rear bumper for me for my 87 XJ. I have spoke with him about the the possiblity of making a second one for the giveaway XJ. He can also be reached at the same number. Both products i am sure can be delivered at NACfest as marc and myself will both be attending with our rigs.. let me know if you need anything else.

-Dave

As I have said I can get winches local at cost...

Is the bumper a spare tire carrier???

So are you trying to say that you either need one donated or $$$ for you to get it?

I would like to get one doanted...The SE chapter made enough monay at the one show to buy a winch if we have too and we are having another show in June at TOR....We have also had several promises of cash donation that should be here soon that g=can go toward buying the winch. I am sorry that I do not get all the facts down sometimes...

It's ok that is why I asked!

as i stated before the bumper is not a spare tire carrier bumper.. but it is a bumper nonetheless that could very easily have a spare tire carrier mounted to it. i didnt catch that you were getting a winch locally..... just trying to help out.

sorry I hav ejust had a bunch of emails baout getting the winch and I thought I got a response to everyone and some of the stuff I was getting second hand. On the bumper I will just have to wait and see the stock bumper is in ggod condition. I may be able to get one between now and Tellico. I appreciate the offer.

Back