• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gears are in after many "adventrues"

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Well, it's official, I got 4.88's with dual detroits and man it feels nice. Btw, for the curious minds (if there are any) the front detroit is invisible on the street.

Many thanks got o Dan Turner of Loose Nuts Enterprises out in Yucaipa and Rabbit (Jay aka RyuRabbit) for the help with the install and the swap of axles.

More info on all that..... probably Tuesday!

"Btw, for the curious minds (if there are any) the front detroit is invisible on the street."

LOL get going about 30 MPH & pull that lever back from 2 to 4 high.

Kejtar,

Hey what do you know I just installed my rear 44 with 4.88 as well this weekend. No Detroit, just a Lockright for now. What a differance between 3.55 and 33" tire to 4.88 and 33" tires. Now the only thing left to do is a new spedo gear.

Joe said:
Kejtar,

Hey what do you know I just installed my rear 44 with 4.88 as well this weekend. No Detroit, just a Lockright for now. What a differance between 3.55 and 33" tire to 4.88 and 33" tires. Now the only thing left to do is a new spedo gear.
LOL Try 31's and 4.88's It feels as though I can climb a tree. In regards to the speedo gear I wish I could get the right one temporarily (43 teeth) as I don't want my clutch warranty to go out too early and running without the speedo gear triggers that annoying check engine light (might have to use the ol' electrical tape fix).
Anyways, I got the speedo gear already for the 33" tires, so maybe the answer is to commit a financial suicide and get the 33's now.

Put the speedo gear in now, that way the mileage will go slower and increase your warranty!.

Rabbit

Kejtar said:
LOL Try 31's and 4.88's It feels as though I can climb a tree. In regards to the speedo gear I wish I could get the right one temporarily (43 teeth) as I don't want my clutch warranty to go out too early and running without the speedo gear triggers that annoying check engine light (might have to use the ol' electrical tape fix).
Anyways, I got the speedo gear already for the 33" tires, so maybe the answer is to commit a financial suicide and get the 33's now.

ryurabbit said:
Put the speedo gear in now, that way the mileage will go slower and increase your warranty!.

Rabbit
Well for 31's I need 43 and I got 40 in the garage which is good for the 33's. Currently I think I got like a 35 or something like that in there.... So I will still be loosing out but it will be better then what it currently is.

Remi, how fast were you able to drive home?? Or should I ask, how fast will we be driving to Rubicon?

Dan

BTW, pull the speedo gear, put some black tape over the check engine light, and use a GPS for a speedo. I've got one you can borrow, with a 12V adapter for the Cig lighter.

Dan Turner said:
Remi, how fast were you able to drive home?? Or should I ask, how fast will we be driving to Rubicon?

Dan

BTW, pull the speedo gear, put some black tape over the check engine light, and use a GPS for a speedo. I've got one you can borrow, with a 12V adapter for the Cig lighter.
Well I should be capable of speeds in the neighbourhood of 70mph (according to my GPS I was near there at about 3K RPM) but I will have to take gas like every 250 miles (yikes!).
In any case, currently I have a 40 tooth speedo but I will have a 43 tooth speedo shortly.

It's kind of interesting now, as I realized that after I wheel with the 4.88's and 31's when I move to 33's I will be missing the extra low gearing.... (kind of like what I had with 235's and 4.11's).

Man I can't wait now to play with those dual detroits!! I was actually thinking about pulling into the construction area by my work early in the morning but we ussually have a cop hanging out there watching for people making a left turn where they're not supposed to.

Thanks again for both yours and Rabbits help :D

Kejtar said:
Well I should be capable of speeds in the neighbourhood of 70mph (according to my GPS I was near there at about 3K RPM) but I will have to take gas like every 250 miles (yikes!).

You're gonna be waiting on me at the gas stations then, I have a cruising range of just over 200 miles. According to the gauge anyway. I've run the jeep on empty for like three days, but have never run out of gas, and I have never put in more than 18 gallons. Maybe my guage doesn't read right?? But I'd rather fill up more often than run out.

Gonna replace the cat this week, maybe that will help the mileage some.

Dan

Dan Turner said:
Kejtar said:

You're gonna be waiting on me at the gas stations then, I have a cruising range of just over 200 miles. According to the gauge anyway. I've run the jeep on empty for like three days, but have never run out of gas, and I have never put in more than 18 gallons. Maybe my guage doesn't read right?? But I'd rather fill up more often than run out.

Gonna replace the cat this week, maybe that will help the mileage some.

Dan

I know what you mean about the fill up early... just ask Sequoia about his ride to the "top of the world". Anyways, I'm actually thinking now whether I should bring 2 jerry cans with me or will 1 be enough: it sucks to be climbing on the trail and having the engine stall out on you cause all your fuel move to the opposite part of the tank while climbing!.

Yuuuss Guuyyysssss, I will have to use my hand throttle to go that SLOW! :cry: between you and dan I feel like I'm takin my kids with me! You know, are we there yet, and the classic I have to go to the bathroom. :laugh:
Oh wait maybe I'm the kid and I'm throwing a tantrum right now :eek:

Last edited:
ryurabbit said:
Yuuuss Guuyyysssss, I will have to use my hand throttle to go that SLOW! :cry: between you and dan I feel like I'm takin my kids with me! You know, are we there yet, and the classic I have to go to the bathroom. :laugh:
Damn that reminds me: I have to visit a bicycle shop of sorts so that I can build the damn hand throttle. Anyways, you wanna go faster?? lets swap tires for the trip up :D

Walmart, about 10 dollars or my house free (except the cable housing), By the way you dont want to suffer from tire envy do ya!?!? :laugh:

P.s. I'm allready suffering because of dan's female anatomy (he used to be a woman you know)so I know how it feels! :banghead: (He looks soooo hot in bra and panties.) I have pictures to prove it!!! :wow:

Kejtar said:
Damn that reminds me: I have to visit a bicycle shop of sorts so that I can build the damn hand throttle. Anyways, you wanna go faster?? lets swap tires for the trip up :D

Last edited:
ryurabbit said:
Walmart, about 10 dollars or my house free (except the cable housing), By the way you dont want to suffer from tire envy do ya!?!? :laugh:

P.s. I'm allready suffering because of dan's phallus so I know how it feels! :banghead:

HERES DANNY (The pic)

P5150018.JPG

ryurabbit said:

P.s. I'm allready suffering because of dan's female anatomy (he used to be a woman you know)so I know how it feels! :banghead: (He looks soooo hot in bra and panties.) I have pictures to prove it!!! :wow:

HERES THE PIC!

Sooooo are you going to give me the "shaft" on the shaft or are you goin to use vaseline! I knew you had a glint in your eye last night in the oil..... :gag: Uhhh due the sensitive nature of the subject and the fact that you hold the final piece of my jeep puzzle I will shut up now!

Dan Turner said:
Touche Bunny Boy, but you know the smell of gear oil excites my alter ego.:anon:

Be careful though, you still don't have your drive shaft............

Dan

Back