• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chapter Elections HERE NOW

GRNT

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
The nominations are closed for the officers of the Southern California Chapter of NAXJA.

The only candidate for President is Sequioa Armstrong,
The only candidate for Secratery/Treasure is Mark Hinkley
The Candidates for Vice President are:
Mike Rollins and Remi aka Kejtar ( last name not known)

Unless there are write in candidates for President or Sec/Treas during the election that could affect the results, the Nom/Elec committee will declare Sequioa and Mark, winners by acclamation for those offices at the end of the elections.

For the voting on Vice President please send an email to;

[email protected] and [email protected]

with your choice of candidate.
The officers will be named on Monday May 5, 2003

The emails will stay confidential within the Nomination&Election Committee and will be kept for a period of time incase of dispute.

You may view the biography/election statements by the two candidates below.

Thank you
N&E Committee

Hello,
I am Michael Rollins or as known on the forum, MJR or Mike. I am 35 years old and have been a NAXJA member since 2001. I live in Costa Mesa. I drive a white 1988 cherokee nicknamed Woody for obvious reasons when you see it. I have participated in planning runs, repairing vehicles on the trail and giving technical help where needed to other NAXJA members. I am very impressed with the camaraderie of the NAXJA organization. Everyone is friendly, outgoing, and willing to help out at a moments notice. I have thoroughly enjoyed all the outings with NAXJA and look forward to each one.

I have held various job classifications in the automotive industry for the last 19 years including 7 at a company that built prototype concept cars for Chrysler/Jeep, location support for vehicle prep on print, brochure, and television advertising and for the last 9 years I have been a Daimler/Chrysler factory trained Chrysler/Jeep dealer technician specializing in electrical and air conditioning. I enjoy helping others. I also enjoy researching and developing new enhancements to the Cherokee XJ and sharing those ideas with others that want to make their ride better and safer.

NAXJA plays an important role in the four wheel drive community and I want to help continue that effort. I feel it is time for a Southern California Chapter of NAXJA and would be honored to being elected to the Board of Directors. I have a lot of ideas to share in regards to organization and events.
I would appreciate your vote and support.
Thank you
Mike Rollins.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello everyone,
I got bit by the XJ bug starting in early 95 with my first set of wheels: 86XJ (yup it had the famous 2.8 V6). I took that (stock on 235's) all over creation (Mojave, Death Valley...) and I constantly kept getting amazed at it's capabilities. In any case, it wasn't untill after I got my 98XJ a couple of years later that I discovered both NAXJA and SoCalXJ. NAXJA's tech forums have been of a great help to me and because of that, not too long after, I decided to join up. About a year later I also got involved with helping Heather (Kudzu) with getting new Sponsors for the club as well as starting to work on getting new content onto the site (Tech Repository, Event Write-ups, Event Calendar). This is something that I still do to this day.

Experience, qualifications and objective: A good couple years ago (more or less in the previous life...), I was the president of the UCI Scuba Club which gives me a pretty good idea about what's involved with being on BOD both in regards to time and responsibilities. Also I want to see both NAXJA as well as the SoCal Chapter grow bigger: how often it is that we see other XJ's either on the road or on the trail that have never heard of us! With bigger numbers we can get more for our members: benefits such as discounts, services, as well as with more people we will have even a bigger variety of trails rides throughout SoCal. Also, I believe in keeping things simple for most part: wheel, wrench, fix trail damage, wheel again. Ok.. maybe not that simple, but we are here to enjoy the trails, help each other both in the technical as well as other ways and promote safe off roading.

To say a little bit about growth and the position, I think that NAXJA and especially SoCal chapter has room to grow and expand in many different directions. This means involvment of all. I know that the BOD will not be able to do everything (the BOD will only consist of three people) but as an elected official I will support and help anyone interested in expanding chapter's activities. I am hoping that in the positon of a VP I will also be able to devote my time to working on chapter expansion in the area of benefits/activities as well as work with interested members who want to get involved and help out.

Something else that's worth mentioning is that my job as a software developer keeps me close to my computer with internet access throughout the day which is practical as we are primarily a web based club and I am reachable almost all the time.

See you on the trails (or in a garage)
Remi aka Kejtar

Ooopps I knew I forgot something
Remi "Kejtar" Rundzio :) (doesn't make much different but in case anyone wanted to know :) )

Remi aka Kejtar

Well, I must say I'm happy to serve, I'm sure I'll do a good job, don't want to let anybody down! Anyway, Mark, congrats, and Mike and Remi, good luck!

I feel I should have a speech ready..but I don't..maybe I'll think of something tomorrow! :)

Go NAXJA go!

Thought I would add a photo of me and my Wagoneer.

standard.jpg
Michael Rollins

Where do you two stand on the tough issues like;

Squirrel Hunger ?

Paved Trails ?

EPA Regulation of Trail Dust ?

Padded Rocks ?

I think it's time to take off the Whitewalls and get down to ...

FOUR LOW!!

i voted, never did get my vote bought off with an electrac D44, oh well, will have to wait untill the incumbents have a war chest...
anyway congrats to everyone!
hey sequoia, wasn't your campaign slogan
"a locker in every axle"?
and are you going to keep that promise...

Actually Mike you seem to have mis-rememered my campaign slogan. It actually was "A locker in both my axles." So as soon as everybody is ready to start sending me the money I'll put them in and make good on it. :D

Money's on the way,
Just got more ink for the printer

T Bent... how did you conquer the problem of smearing ink upon exposure to mild moisture? My printouts have a problem of smearing every so often thus making them unusable as all the greedy *$%#@ that I wanna pass the money onto have sweaty palms from greed....

Kejtar

Epson C-80. The ink won't run when it get wet,don't fade much niether. It's a little bit more $$. But hey, the return has been pretty good.

Back