• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

time for new tires

Steve

NAXJA Forum User
I need to finally get new tires. I'm deciding between goodyear wrangler rt/s and bfgoodrich all terrain t/a tires. I put 64,000 miles on my original rt/s tires, and they have suprised me with how well they handled. Will the bf goodrich tires last as long? This is our everyday driver, but its off road almost every weekend. Also, I'm thinking of slightly larger tires. The originals are of course 235/75 r 15's. My concerns are fitting the spare in the original location (inside driverside), and size on a stock xj. As usual, any advise would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If you want a good all around, long lasting A/T tire for a daily driver, I'd seriously consider the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo. Thats what I'm replacing my Yokahama Geolander A/Ts with. The Geolanders aren't bad tires, but I've heard so many people rave about the Dueler Revos I've got to check them out.

I vote for BFG at's. I drove my XJ a lot and the tires really held up to the daily commute (120 miles roundtrip) and I had no complaints about them while wheeling either.

My vote would be with the Dunlop Radial Rover RT. I had BFG At's and found that my Trxus MT's have better traction on everthing and the ride quality is even better. A friend picked up a set of the Dunlops and they have an aggressive tread for wheeling as well as a fair bit of siping that will provide better wet road/ice/snow traction. They don't howl and I have found that they haven't changed the ride characteristic from his previous from the factory tires, and they sell them in 235/75/15. Just my .02

I've got 30X9.5 BFG AT KO's and I love them. I'm getting new ones soon as well. They aren't much bigger than 235/75 so I think the spare would fit in the cargo area, the cover won't fit over it though. I just kept my factory full size spare in there with the cover. I actualy had to use it when I had a nail in my tire and the 1 inch difference wasn't noticeable for a 10 min drive to get the tire patched.

I just noticed you're in Washington - you might want to look at Les Schwab for tires. I'm getting some 30x9.5 Wildcats in a couple days. I had a set of Wildcountry's on my old jeep, which are almost the same as the Wildcats. When I replaced them they had over 80,000 miles on them...and still could have gone longer! One of them also leaked very slowly, it would go flat in about 3 days. When I took it off it turns out that it had 4 big nails in it! I'm getting the wildcat's for $401 mounted and balanced, with a free road hazard warranty, free balancing and rotating. You can't beat Les Schwab's warranty...

Back