• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Bad Xj boys at Shredder Canyon

Yeah Luke didn't even mind when I spotted him into rocks. Gotta love that kind of attitude, I'll wheel with him anytime.

-jb

Didn't he say something like 'wait until I get you all into the woods!'.....
I did see some carnage photo's. Probably Marishas....
Kinda glad I missed that one....I just know what happens with a little coaxing! :roll:
Anyone for Corral Canyon!
Rick

There were 3 rigs that followed me down the backside of Shredder and none of them were sporting anything larger than 32s and I dont think any of them had a front locker. If you've done it you've gotta give them props for kicking a hard trails arse. Once you've started down the back of Shredder you're committed, no turning around, no backing out, no whining about body damage.

-jb

vintagespeed said:
There were 3 rigs that followed me down the backside of Shredder and none of them were sporting anything larger than 32s and I dont think any of them had a front locker. If you've done it you've gotta give them props for kicking a hard trails arse. Once you've started down the back of Shredder you're committed, no turning around, no backing out, no whining about body damage.

-jb

actually only Lucas was locked in the rear, other then that we were all open! Woo hoo!

Sounds like you guys had a good time........one of these times I'll be able to join you. :)

Here are the photos I took (well Marisha and I), and a few teasers.
http://www.fototime.com/inv/DC657F786D89F0D

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

So who broke the output shaft?

Bummer......

While on our way home after the run I ran into one of the founders of that trail. A guy by the name of Curt that is a chair for Hi-Desert 4wheelers. He said he had no problem with SocalXJ running the trail as long as we treat it better than the locals do. I assured him that we did. Curt owns a fab shop up there and noticed my Junk at the gas station, cool guy.

I mentioned to him that SocalXJ may be interested in helping out with a trail cleanup day in combination with Hi-Desert, he said that sounded pretty good to him & he'd mention it at the next club meeting.

The story goes that there are 2 owners of the trail, one owns the first half & the other the downhill side. One of the owners lives in LA & never visits the property, the other is a local in town but doesn't care that people wheel it. Back when Santiago Canyon (Shredder) was closed to save a toad (I think) Hi-Desert's annual ShredFest was 4 months away. They started scouting for possible trails and Curt & 2 other members found the current Shredder Canyon, after negotiations with the owners they were cleared to hold their event. From what he said it sounds like attendance is falling off for the event and the club is getting a little tired of maintaining this trail.

I can say that in the 4 times we've been up there no one has said a bad word to us and in fact the police were up there chasing a fugitive and told us they had NO problem with us being there. Good enough for me.

-jb

All I have to say about Curt is... well... somethings are better left unsaid, but some of you know the stories about the first shop I came in contact with to buy stuff for my jeep.

(Well if this is the same Curt, was he about 6 ft and thick, and reddish hair? if so run away)

Back