• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Squeaking in front end...Help!

darkfire07

NAXJA Forum User
I have an interesting squeaking sound coming from the front end of my '93 Sport. It only happens when I'm moving, so it must be driveline-related. A friend of mine thinks it's a U-joint....is this possible? What else commonly fails and makes noise like this? U Joints are ceap but I really don't want to do the breakdown ad rebuild to replace them only to find it's something else.
Thanks!
DF7

Does the frequency of the noise increase with speed? Could you classify it as "angry sparrows?" If so, it's likely the centering joint of the front driveshaft - that's the piec between the u-joints. Most driveline shops should be able to get you a spare.

It does get higher as I increase speed....then at around 45 it seems to disappear..but that may just be bacause there's enough other noise to block it out.....thanks man!
DF7

Back