• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TPS cross reference

Apanthropy

NAXJA Forum User
My girlfriend's 87 XJ has what appears to be a damaged TPS, evidenced by inconsistent throttle response, lack of transmission kickdown response, and a voltmeter connected to the TPS shows nearly flat with a couple of spikes when you move it.

The trouble is, we're cheapasses by economic necessity and would prefer to put a junkyard piece on for the $5 "assorted electrical sensor" price they charge than $60 for a new one. As I'm sure everyone here knows - when you find a Jeep at a junkyard it's always been picked over pretty good by the time you get there.

Are there any good cross references for '87 Jeep 4.0L TPS's?

(junkyard cadillacs are gold mines if you have a GM engine - most caddys are barely picked over at all)

anyone know where we can get the best price on a new TPS then?

Couldn't tell ya. I think I got mine for $60-$70 at Autozone. Maybe you should save up the dough. The TPS definitely is not a part you should skimp on. You want a reliable sensor without suspect history.

Back