• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

24's or 26's.....feeding the beasty

CRASH

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
So it's time to buy injectors for the Renix based stroker. Basic specs: 9.3 to 1 compression, Isky 133125/26 cam, 58 mm throttle body, header, adjustable MAP (when I get around ot building it).

So, 24lbers or the more pricey 26lb Accels? I assume either one will plug right into my harness?

Where have you guys been finding good deals on either of these?

CRASH

Hmmmm......lots of Ford stuff on there, is there any reason I want the late model injectors? I see they require a pigtail to adapt to the Bosch style plug........

CRASH

My ported head Renix needs 26.5# (Mopar 24.6 @ 45 lbs)
If you get the 24 fords make the regulator adjustable and crank up the pressure - you will see the difference!
tap the inside of the vac port, for a allen set screw (grind a flat on one side to allow vacumn to work, and insert a 1/8" roll pin under the set screw - then (Gently) turn in the set screw to raise the pressure.
Mopar 53030262 injectors on 95 Dodge 360 and ZJ's.

Thanks!

CRASH

Mine has 24# injectors, but the fuel pressure regulator has been squeezed up to 49 psi. Didn't quite understand how they did it, but they squeezed it. Mine has a fuel pressure gage, and it shows 39 at idle, then it jumps up to 49 as the rpms come up.

Back