• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Guns and Jeeps

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
Who here shoots sporting clays, trap/skeet? Thinking of a new idea for a SoCal Meet-n-Greet.

Two things very near & dear to my heart.... while I haven't done any shooting at a true range I used to hunt ALOT! & shoot ALOT! but mortages, marriage & kids tend to be alittle time & $$$$ consuming..... :cry:
Interesting thought....
See Ya !
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

My brother and I go shooting every now and then. More target shooting then skeet/trap shooting. Bolt action, small caliber, 100-200 yards or so.....
I have a .22 wmr that love shooting.

Mike Lockwood has a few nice rifles also. We like to go out to BC 109 out behind Frazier Pk/Gorman area because of the range. Good place for rifles.

Scott Suyeto

we do trap/skeet every thursday night at place called Oaktree Gun club its in Newhall off the 5 freeway its one of the nicest ranges around. Its got a excellent pistol range to. Inside has a full restaurant and bar it would be a great place to do a meet in greet.

Sounds like fun! I like the idea, don't have a shotgun, well one for skeets anyway. But this does sound like a good idean....

ruggedjeep said:
we do trap/skeet every thursday night at place called Oaktree Gun club its in Newhall off the 5 freeway its one of the nicest ranges around. Its got a excellent pistol range to. Inside has a full restaurant and bar it would be a great place to do a meet in greet.

I'd be very interested. Last club I was with was the socal gun club in Irvine/tustin until the toll road was put in (was Laguna Gun Club before that).

I'd vote for Pachmeyer since I'm down in San Diego County for skeet and sporting clays. They had/have a nice sporting clays course (vs a 5 stand on a skeet field).

In san diego there is a trap and skeet field near Mairamar Marine base with a 5 stand.

RisingSun said:
don't have a shotgun, well one for skeets anyway.

Scott what kind of shotgun do you have? I shoot a Winchester 1300 and change ckokes according to what I'm hunting/shooting.

rpili2001 said:
I'd vote for Pachmeyer since I'm down in San Diego County for skeet and sporting clays. They had/have a nice sporting clays course (vs a 5 stand on a skeet field).

Ray are you talking about Pachmyer in Rosemead? They are now known as Triple B. They have an excellent SC course along with all the other shotgun games.

Yea the Rosemead one. I'm glad its still open.

If thats a good place for you guys it a good place for me.

I can bring a 12 ga if anyone needs to borrow one.

Sounds like a good idea. I havent been shooting in a long time. I have a winchester defender 1300 which isnt the best for shooting clay. I know there is a place called firing line in huntington beach which is a good indoor range for pistols.

Erik H.

So Scott, when you wanna go back to BC109? :twak: I've been drinking more beer so I have lots of bottles to bring. IIRC- the firing line in HB is pretty expensive. One of the best/least expensive indoor ranges I have been to is Insight in Artesia. It is right off the 91 and Pioneer. For a map or other info: http://insightrange.com/

-Mike

Big Jeep 101 said:
So Scott, when you wanna go back to BC109? :twak: I've been drinking more beer so I have lots of bottles to bring. IIRC- the firing line in HB is pretty expensive. One of the best/least expensive indoor ranges I have been to is Insight in Artesia. It is right off the 91 and Pioneer. For a map or other info: http://insightrange.com/

-Mike

Maybe not until next month.... :dunno: My weekends are pretty tied up until early next month......

Scott

Big Jeep 101 said:
I've been drinking more beer so I have lots of bottles to bring. IIRC- the firing line in HB is pretty expensive. -Mike

Don't tell me you're using glass bottles for targets? I hope you're cleaning them up.

I'm game if you guys do a "shooting" run. Had to leave the SKS back in AZ, though. Silly "assault rifle" bans. :rolleyes: Just have the .22, 12 guage, and 9mm here.

Go ahead, try to break into my truck. :firedevil

-Mike

Come on guys, when is everyone available for a meet & greet at BC109? Scott wanna set something up, what'cha doin for father's day?

-Mike

I like shooting the clays a lot. I havn't done it enough, and I don't have a shotgun. Luckily I have a few buddies with boat loads of guns.

I want one for myself, but money, and a wife usually gets in the way.

Golden Boy: I've shot an AR-15 and an SKS in Ramona with last year or 2. :shhh: The AR-15 was a pre-ban, I think it was grandfathered in. I thought SKS's were OK though?

:flipoff:

mikedashg said:
I like shooting the clays a lot. I havn't done it enough, and I don't have a shotgun. Luckily I have a few buddies with boat loads of guns.

I want one for myself, but money, and a wife usually gets in the way.

Golden Boy: I've shot an AR-15 and an SKS in Ramona with last year or 2. :shhh: The AR-15 was a pre-ban, I think it was grandfathered in. I thought SKS's were OK though?

SKS' are ok as long as they have a 10 round internal mag, so you have to keep loading it after every 10. They also can't be fully auto, but I don't know if his was or not..............

-Mike

The one I shot had a stripper clip. So you did have to keep on re-loading it. But if you had a couple stripper clips pre-loaded it wasn't too bad.

Don't know the exact def of "full-auto", but you could shoot it as fast as you could pull the trigger without doing any cocking, etc. Sounded pretty auto to me

Back