• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no start after sitting 2 days

skog

NAXJA Forum User
after my jeep sat for 2 days i went to go to work. it wouldnt go but after i stop cranking it it pops a couple of times and a thick cloud of smokes comes out of my air cleaner. I ran the error codes and i get 11, 12, and 55. i know 12 means disconnect battery in the past and 55 means done. 11 means bad cps right. how do i fix and how much will it cost. we got a couple inches or rain in the past 48 hours also.

thanks
skog

sorry i forgot to mention i am by my self so i cant check for spark and it is a 96 with 125K. i can hear the fuel pump kick on though.

thanks
skog

You definitely have a bad CPS so you're gonna have to replace it. The sensor itself costs less than $50. The CPS is held to the bellhousing by two bolts that you can only remove with a socket wrench and universal joint extension because they're a real bitch to get to. When you've done that, just disconnect the old CPS from the wiring harness and install the new one.

Back