• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering column = parking lights

also the jeep this came out of had a horn button on the dash & after installing column the horn blows with key on. everything looks ok under the steering wheel. anybody???? tony

I have never had those problems my self but have had some screwy things happen. Check the ignition switch. Not the key switch but the plug-in type switch on top of the column about half way down the column. If it has shorted at all it may cause some of your problems. If I am wrong on this someone please correct me but it is just a thought.

Sounds like the column you put in us just as FUBAR as the one you took out. Parking lights do not go through the column at all, they're controlled by the light switch, so I'm guessing that you have a short in the turn signal wiring somewhere in the column.

The horn is a powered circuit and pressing the horn button closes a circuit to ground so, again, it appears that there is something inside this column that's shorting out.

Back