• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ride height

1986xj

NAXJA Forum User
Most all of the OME lift stuff is on now and she looks a bit jacked up in the rear.... I get center of axle to lip of flare measurement of ~20.75 front and just a smidgen over 20.5 in the rear with maybe a little under 100lbs of junk in the back. From what I find this sounds just right and that I netted just a bit over 3" (17.5" front 17" rear is stock???). Is this right and I just had gotten used to looking at it with those worn out no longer arched rear springs?
On a side note since the shocks SW sent were too short I had to drive it shockless..... thats kinda neat :D Once I got used to it it weren't so bad just like driving a boat on choppy water :confused1 Now if the sway bars were disconnected that'd be another story..
Mike B.
OME JC1A's, 934's w/10mm packers, RE shackles, JKS LCA's, JKS disco's, Kevin's HD adj. TB conversion, RE SS brakelines, 31x9.50 TSL radials on ZJ Canyon rims.

Last edited:
LOL I drove my SOA MJ with the shox upside down for 1000 miles :dunce: it was interesting...

I'd suspect the Emu rears will settle in a bit with some with use...Or you could squeeze a 3/4" spacer (or stack 2 more OEM spacers for 1/2"+-) up front to even things out.

woody said:
LOL I drove my SOA MJ with the shox upside down for 1000 miles :dunce: it was interesting...

I'd suspect the Emu rears will settle in a bit with some with use...Or you could squeeze a 3/4" spacer (or stack 2 more OEM spacers for 1/2"+-) up front to even things out.

I had a 10K Raymart winch sitting in the living room (85+ lbs) which is for my new gooseneck trailer which won't be here for 2 more weeks and with it now in the back of the XJ things look just about right :laugh3: It'll just take a day or 2 to get used to the thing actually not sagging in the rear. :)
Mike B.

Back