• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4Wheel Wholesale part switch...

rj454

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, I ordered a Detroit E-Z Locker ($215-free ship) from 4WheelParts.com and received a Genuine Gear Quick-Lok (Model GG2025) instead. When I called; he said "Trutrac is no longer making the EZ Locker" and this is what they'r shipping, that it's the same thing or better. ??? And that the GG units sell for more money. I cannot find this locker on their website anywhere, and therefore cannot verify the 'deal', the only one I see is $139.
Also, for anyone who has installed an EZ Locker; all I got in the box is two sets of 3 pieces each (2 interlocking toothed rings, one splined and a bearing/bushing) and 2 bags of springs & pins. Is that all there is to these things? Obviously, I'm not doing the install myself, but want to know if there should be more parts.
Thanks for any info/input- RJ

Tractech was still selling the EZ Locker as of a few weeks ago. Check their web site. The unit they dropped was the Gearless Locker, and that's been off the market for two or three years now.

the gearless locker is the same as the ez locker is the same as the original lockright.

lockright was the original unit till I think the patent was up on it. then the design was free game. bacause both tractech came out with the ez locker and genuine gear came out with the quick lock.

Ok, I guess I'm good with it, just wished it would heve been explained to me before I ordered it. I've been searching this whole time and CANNOT find a website for Genuine Gear. Do they exist? How can they without a website? This is the Information Age, right? and the 21st century, dammit.

genuine gear is 4 wheel parts own line. just like DTD has superior and Randy's has Yukon.

and they are made in some part of the world that that company prefers.

Rawbrown said:
the gearless locker is the same as the ez locker is the same as the original lockright.

lockright was the original unit till I think the patent was up on it. then the design was free game. bacause both tractech came out with the ez locker and genuine gear came out with the quick lock.

http://www.tractech.com/Products.htm#locking

It's not often I disagree with you, because you know more about axles than I do, but the Gearless Locker is NOT the same thing as the EZ Locker. The EZ Locker is still available for street vehicles. The Gearless Locker uses clutches and is more like a lunchbox limited slip. It was too weak for full-size street vehicles, and is now available only for ATV applications.

Aside from that -- If I had bought and paid for a Tractech product, and I received a Genuine Gear (offshore) product, I'd consider that bait & switch, and I would return it and demand a full refund, including shipping. If they won't credit you the shipping, write (don't call) your credit card company and demand that the charges be removed from your account, and tell them why.

THe QuickLOK is the SAME as the tractech EZ-LOCKER...

Tractech makes the Locker for 4wpw, it is just rebadged in a Genuine Gear box..

Same manufacturer, same parts, same build...

That's the impression I was under as well, for whatever that's worth.

zjmikey said:
THe QuickLOK is the SAME as the tractech EZ-LOCKER...

Tractech makes the Locker for 4wpw, it is just rebadged in a Genuine Gear box..

Same manufacturer, same parts, same build...
Yeah, what he said. I thought I was going to have something to add to this thread...
As far as offshore, you could call tractech offshore, seems like they moved to Ireland or somewhere wierd like that. maybe...I dunno....Going to Vegas now to see the Eagles...See Ya,

Dan

yup, my slip up.:doh: thanks for catching it.:twak: I did mean the ez locker...:wstupid:

they are all the same though in my book. I do however like the no-slip. but it needs to come down in $$$ a little.

I'm still learning about the LSD's and lockers, I've had my auburn now for almost a month and flat out LOVE it. My gear change labor money, got the gears and front carrier thanks to people here, went on the sons TJ's front brakes last nite so the 4:10's will have to wait a while. I do know one thing, I really want a selective locker for the front like an arb or eaton e locker. Trails I needed 4wd for I now do in 2wd with very little effort. I got the Auburn locally thru a drive line shop and he did the install.

Back