• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Currie Lower control arm skids

Diablito

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if lower control arm skids are a good idea for rock play. They only cost $25 + shipping and redcbr007 will weld them on for an honest price. should I get them?

Yes, they are a very good idea if you plan to play in the rocks. While the welder is out go ahead and weld the inside of the control arm mounts. They're only welded on the outside from the factory and sometimes can break off.

Jes

I wish I had done that to mine a while ago. My tabs are all twisted up and mangled. Probably going to weld some scrap metal across the tabs to box in the area.

Made my own to the same specs as Mark (ORGS) Hinkleys:D except my angles are welded triangular strips instead of one piece of bent steel.

With all the gouges and dents in the mini skids, I'm glad the CAs are protected.

Go for it, with the amount of abuse that area takes its well worth the 25 to buy them. Cheaper than new control arms or mounts. Juice

Any square/rectangular scrap tubing (3/16 or better) with a 3" side works perfect as well. You just cut to length, and cut the tubing past the radius on each side. Spaces it away just enough for any control arm to work. Beings that it's such a small piece, probably find it in people's scrap bin and get it for nothing.

This is a lousy way to end a trail run. 25 bucks is cheap insurance.
standard.jpg

Back