• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeepspeed East

grandpabear

NAXJA Forum User
I'd like to invite any and all XJ owners to come out and join the Jeepseed East Race club. We have 3 races set for this, our first year, In Pa. and NY. We have a meeting every Monday night via a chat room set up for JSE to discuss all the aspects of the club. There's also a forums board set up. We just started a website and is only a one pager thus far. thanks for looking,

Doug
info at http://www.wastedtrails.com

I have heard that Jeepspeed East will generally go by the Jeepspeed rules used on the West Coast. What are the differences in your rules and Jeepspeed rules? Will you have a Pro class and a sportsman class like Jeepspeed? Or will it just go by sportsman rules?

GWS

GW,
for this year,our first, we are going with the sportsman class, as we have racers with pro prepped XJ's join we can start the pro class and I hope we can by next year. We have SCCA sanctioning at Raush Creek, so there is no need for a fuel cell, we also changed the bumper rule and limit straps.
Since we are the Mountain series a need for a winch will present itself during the races so that's why we changed that rule. We will be discussing the rules at our weekly meeting Minday night at 8, est, you are welcome to stop by and join in. Since it's a club we try to discuss everything as a club. cya there,

Doug

things are moving along for JSE we have 3 sponsors interested in addition to BFG & American Racing wheels. come on all you XJ owners, this is entry level club racing at its' best. Jeepspeed out wesy is in their 3rd year and there are plans for chapters in Asia,Europe, and Mexico. Clive S., the man who founded this series went on a trip to each of the above mentioned places this past winter, to set up these chapters. Before too long this will be an international club. cool huh?

Doug

Doug,

Why did you not go with limit straps on the suspension? Will not this open it up to extremely high, and expensive lifts? Will someone with a 4-5 inch lift still be able to compete?

GWS

GW,
the straps will not impair the lift any, they are used to control the downward progress of the axles,thus keeping the driveshafts from pulling out. If the racers want to take that risk they are allowed to for this year, anyways. Sunday night is our new meeting nite at 8pm. Seems more people can make this nite easier than Monday.
cya soon,
Doug

I am thrilled to hear Jeeppeed East progressing along. Although the NE is a long way from NC, I'd like to watch a race one day and maybe someday build an XJ legal to run one.

Jeepspeed generously donated a set of American Racing Outlaw Wheels to our NAXJA Giveaway XJ and BF Goodrich donated a set of 33" KM-MTs, and we really appreciate the generosity!

I'd have to discuss it with our BOD before anything is decided, but it might be possible for NAXJA to have a small contingency payout for top-three finishers who are NAXJA members and have NAXJA decals prominently on their RaceJeep. OTOH this will freak out the competitive rockcrawlers among us, so we might need to look at those series too.

I have thought all along that Jeepspeed racing would be a great thing to help NAXJA gain exposure to a wider market than just rocks and mud. LOL they ain't for grocery-gettin any more.

Too bad the MJ chassis is relegated to pre-run or chase truck duties. JSE approval for a Comanche and I'll forget forever about lowering my 87. Could a class-legal 2x4 MJ run a JS or JSE race in a no-points/no pay status?

Keep up the good work!

Back