• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

leaf removal/ lowering.

thompson97

NAXJA Forum User
if i were to remove the second or third leaf in a 6.5" spring pack, would i ruin the pack or simply lose an inch or two in height? ideally, i would like to drop the lift about two inches and try and get about one inch back by adding lift shackles to net around 5 1/2 inches total. also, could i use the removed leaf as an AAL for a friends jeep? i figure i could kill two birds.

i'm really not trying to spend any more money on the suspension, but i'm sitting a little too high. any suggestions.

I don't know what leaf pack you have, my I have the re 4.5" pack. I removed the smallest leaf because I wanted a flexier spring, and the spring rate dramatically dropped more than I thought while also losing height(expected). I had almost no carrying capacity.

Just yesterday I added the 2nd longest leaf from a stock up-country leaf pack. We'll see where that gets me. It brought the height back up...now, I'm hoping it's a little softer than the short leaf I took out, while still having good carrying capacity.

So, what I'm saying really is, take it out, see what happens, and work from there. It may take a while, but you'll get what you want at some point. _nicko_

yeah, thats kinda what i was guessing. if thats the case, i think i'll have to find a 4.5" pack somewhere, cause im running rusty's leaves which don't need to be any softer. anyone want to trade 6.5" for a 4.5"?

Back