• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6x9 mounting

boise49ers

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought a pair of 6x9 infinity's for the rear of my XJ. I also ordered some of those shoe box sized carpeted boxes for them. Do you still get full bass out of your speakers mounted in those small boxes ? I had an old box I mounted them in that wasn't sealed very well and they sounded like crap. No bass. Any suggestions would be great. I really don't want to chop up any of the panels.
:guitar: :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:
Thanks !

I added a 10" sub so my response problaby is mute, but mine sound great in those little boxes. Much better than in the rear hatch.

I am going to suggest just going with a 10. Don't bother with just one 8. I had an 8, and, it just didn't hit right. I'm not into the techno ultra low bass crap. I just added the 10 to complete it. My brother is running 2 8's in his broco II and it doesn't sound right at all. But, it also depends on the brands you run such as the sub and amp.

I put my 6x9's in a set of boxes and they sound great in my opinion. Nice bass, but I do plan on going to a 10.

IMHO 6x9s are for people who don't have a sub. You won't ever get as much bass out of 6x9s as you will from a sub (exceptions can be made for people who don't know how to set up a sub vs someone who really knows how to get the best out of a 6x9). Your best bet is to run them in those boxes...if you want more bass, you can build a bigger box and put a port in it...but I'd just get a sub.

I ended up putting in a 10" and 300 watt JBL with the boxed infinity's.
Wow ! I :loveu: it. Sub's add a whole new diminision to the sound.
Thanks for pushing it guy's.
See yuh !

Back