• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacement glass for driver's mirror?

SV1CEC

NAXJA Forum User
Gentlemen,

I have just installed on my XJ a set of electric mirrors, which I purchased from USA.

I was told that the driver's side mirror, in US, is not a wide-angle one, while the passenger's side can be wide-angle. In Europe, both mirrors are usually wide-angle, and this is what we are used to. So the difference between the two American mirrors is a bit annoying for me.

Today, I visited a glass shop here, and they had replacement glasses for several cars, normal ones and wide-angle ones, but not for the Cherokee.

Has anyone here ever changed his driver's mirror glass, to a wide-angle one? If yes, can you provide me with a source for the glass?

Many thanks and regards
------
John SV1CEC

Could you have a custom piece of mirror cut? Sorry if that isn't much help but it was the best I can do.

Try carparts.com. the seem to have the convex glass replacement.

Rabbit

SV1CEC said:
Gentlemen,

I have just installed on my XJ a set of electric mirrors, which I purchased from USA.

I was told that the driver's side mirror, in US, is not a wide-angle one, while the passenger's side can be wide-angle. In Europe, both mirrors are usually wide-angle, and this is what we are used to. So the difference between the two American mirrors is a bit annoying for me.

Today, I visited a glass shop here, and they had replacement glasses for several cars, normal ones and wide-angle ones, but not for the Cherokee.

Has anyone here ever changed his driver's mirror glass, to a wide-angle one? If yes, can you provide me with a source for the glass?

Many thanks and regards
------
John SV1CEC

ryurabbit said:
Try carparts.com. the seem to have the convex glass replacement.

Rabbit

Unless I am totally blind, they have convex only for the passenger's side. Thanks for the link though, appreciated.

Rgds
------
John SV1CEC

Back