• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

High lift mounting ideas

Ok I have a 60" so the only option was to put it outside the XJ. If you will look here: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25703 Mine is the white XJ and the blue one is 2offroad. He has his in the Hi-Lift case and tied to his rack with military style straps. They look as if they are made out of the same stuff ratchet straps are made of with a buckle, for lack of a better term, that you feed it through. pull it and it gets tight. Mine is mounted differently. I got two threaded rod couplers, two of those knobs threaded the same way as the couplers, and a bolt and some washers. I took two pieces of 1" flat steel one .25 thick and one .125 punched a hole in them both and bolted them to the rails of my rack. Oh yea they are about 4" long too. I then used a body hammer to shape the outside piece to better hold in place and give the hi-lift room. Now all I have to do is twist the knobs off and the lift just slides right off. I'll get some images if you need them.

I run Thule Load bars with the jack mounted to them. Lays flat on the bars with my bike racks. Juice

Back