• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Bear june 12-13

Where you planning on camping at? I will keep this on my calendar and may join you.Let you know as time gets closer.

Lets see where everybody is coming from first and all that. I'll probably go up Friday night to Yucca Valley, stay there, and then head up 2N02 to Big Bear with my dad (Ford Ranger), if anybody wants to join me on that I'll be happy to lead it.

You could come up my way as well, you'll just drive around the backside of the moutain, if I remember correctly you'd take 138 to 247, but I could be off here...

Don't worry, I won't make us start too early, I'm not Remi!

Don't have to worry about Remi....he doesn't go on these 4X4 trips!! :D
Okay.....okay....just poking fun at Remi.....I still havn't met him yet!
I will be coming up the front side of the hill.
So when you say 'camping' are you meaning something like using a (what do they call those things.....oh yeah) tent?
I'm too old for that!!
BTW is there a Starbucks near by?
Well....if I need to....I supose I could....
Let me know!!
Rick

Jump This said:
Don't have to worry about Remi....he doesn't go on these 4X4 trips!! :D
Okay.....okay....just poking fun at Remi.....I still havn't met him yet!
I will be coming up the front side of the hill.
So when you say 'camping' are you meaning something like using a (what do they call those things.....oh yeah) tent?
I'm too old for that!!
BTW is there a Starbucks near by?
Well....if I need to....I supose I could....
Let me know!!
Rick

?? How did I end up in here?? Btw, I'll have to pass on that one as on the 17th I'm going up to the CON and I'll be finishing up my axle upgrades that weekend! (talk about cutting things close)

I usually stay at the Holcomb valley campground. Seems pretty close to most trails for me. Some fun mines to explore as well.

Ohhhh boy....the wife just caught me making plans without checking with the home life manager! That weekend is graduation time....
Wife's sister is having her youngest graduate so a party is planned....
didn't think he would ever graduate!
Then he leaves for boot camp in August...
Ohhhh welll....
I'm going to find a run to do Memorial Day..
Any ideas?
Rick

Jump This said:
Ohhhh boy....the wife just caught me making plans without checking with the home life manager! That weekend is graduation time....
Wife's sister is having her youngest graduate so a party is planned....
didn't think he would ever graduate!
Then he leaves for boot camp in August...
Ohhhh welll....
I'm going to find a run to do Memorial Day..
Any ideas?
Rick
It's okay Rick, we all know you're a web wheeler anyway!

I dont know, i'm thinking about being more of a web wheeler. It is so much cheaper :shhh:

I think i'll be heading out unless something comes up. Jeep is in running condition currently and as long as it stays that way we'll be in good shape. I would be planning on going out on Friday night after work, and then camping up there.

Is there enough stuff up there to run two days? I honestly have never been up there other then to run a few trails that could have been done in a lowered civic.

-Scott

hahaha.....

WEB Wheeler!!!!!!

The wife and I would like to camp out on Friday the 11th and wheel on sat, we can't stay for sunday because of the wifes bowling league. So does anyone camp on friday night or would I be better off just driving up in the morning?

Well I will most likey have to head up through Yucca (my father lives there) so there's two options Shannon...

Option one is desert camping in the Yucca area.

Option two is a night run up 2N02 from there (or only myself doing that...) 2N02 is a green trail, I know it like I know my Jeep, so guidence isn't a problem. We could either camp along 2N02 or find something up in Big Bear, I'm fine either way.

Scott...you can cruise along too I guess...:D

Back