• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring perches.....

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Ok I'm toying with rotating my axle to get rid of the up pinion desies it has. Is it best to buy or build the perches? I figure some 2.5X4x.25 tube will do it. Can the old ones be successfully removed and rewelded to the axle tube? If so what is the best method for removing them with little damage? Please don't give me speculation I'm looking for people that have "been there done that!" :looney:

I just relocated the perches on a 9" this weekend. I torched off the stock mounts, cleaned em up with a grinder and then welded them where I needed them. I was worried about re-using them but if you take your time it works.

Haven't done it, but looking at it. Stock perches on a factory Dana 35 appear to be welded only along the outside, so it looks like a clean and easy job with a die grinder.

The perches shown in the Mopar Performance catalog are beefier than the ones on the stock axles, and they are CHEAP. The off-road suppliers want $30 to $40 per pair -- I just bought a pair through my dealer, and I won't even post what I paid. Let's just say if you pay much more than $10 you're getting robbed. (And yes, they are shipped in pairs. The price I paid was so low neither the parts manager nor I could believe they'd sell two for that price, so I bought the part number x2. And received four spring perches.)

So how about coughing up that part number kimosabie! ;)

I just put in RE spring perches...drilled with 3 holes..and bought some spring pins from them while I was at it(3/8" pins, had to redrill all my leaves, I was bending the smaller pins all the time, so went with the biggest ones).

Spring pins have zero slop inside the perches...perches are beefy, and welded up nicely just on the outside like stock. I'm happy with it all., and don't expect any problems whatsoever. _nicko_

Eagle I'm being lazy how about the part number for the perches?

Here's the last post in my recent thread on the Modified forum:
Eagle said:
Just ordered them from the dealer. The Performance Catalog shows a pair, and the parts listing says "kit," so I'm hoping it's a pair. The price is SOOOOO low, though, that I won't even post it here. Even if it's per each, it's less than half what the "name" 4x4 suppliers are getting. If it is per pair, as we think it is, it's amazing.

Anyone who needs these things, call your local dealer and get a price on part number P4120074.
That part number is for a box of two (2) perches.

Hey Eagle,

How bout some dimensions on those perches. Are they longer or just thicker material?

Jared:patriot:

DeadEyeJ said:
Hey Eagle,

How bout some dimensions on those perches. Are they longer or just thicker material?

Jared:patriot:

WOW! I just ordered some! I'll give you the dimensions when I get mine tomorrow.

Ok, the perches are bigger and nicer. There are three holes in the top. A little one and big one in the middle and a square one? They are 2.5" wide and 6" long. My stock ones are 2.5" wide and 4.5" long.

Ghost said:
WOW! I just ordered some! I'll give you the dimensions when I get mine tomorrow.

Thats what I said !!!!! $??.?? from my local stealership. COOL !! :sunshine:

lets put it this way KIDZ.... CHEAP, CHEAP !!!

Back