• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE sping bushings?

jeepme

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Anybody know where I can get the replacement bushings for the RE 1463 srings??? RE has been out of them for quite some time and my shackle end bushings are shot!! and I really need some fast.

Thanks

anybody know if the stock ones are the same size?????

ok so no one has ever replaced their RE spring bushings with anything else but RE bushings ????????????????? and nobody knows if the stock bushing is the same. Cmon you guys are smarter than that ;)

Chill.

All RE springs come with stock sized bushings. About $45.00 for a set of 4 at a discount Jeep dealer.

CRASH

Thanks Crash, I didnt mean to sound pushy but RE told me they where not the same size as stock :gonnablow . I knew they where pullin my leg, just needed some re - assurance.

Thanks again

I acutally have a set of stock springs outside right now(up-country stock, doubt there is any difference)...and they don't look the same. I'll check them tomorrow and let you know. _nicko_

Just measured...off the stock pack I have, the rear bushing (shackle end) is 1.75" OD, and the frame end bushing is 2.5" OD.

I know the shackle end bushing on the RE packs is 1.5" OD, so that is different. Don't know the size of the front exactly, but it's definitely smaller than 2.5". _nicko_

edit- these are RE1462's just in case it matters, I doubt they would change bushing sizes between the two.

Wow, that's weird, I have a set of old RE's and they have OEM bushings front and rear.

Anyone know when they changed?

CRASH

Yeah, it would've been smart to keep the stock ones, oh well. I just noticed the RE page sells F250 bushing sets for leafs... But I can't seem to find what size they are anywhere. I'll probabaly end up going to poly bushings, and probablay drill small holes in them to deflect more, hopefully they still hold up.

Ya I just picked up a new bushing from the steelership and yep it no fit. I cant believe that RE would put a SMALLER bushing than the stock one in their springs. You are dead on with your measerments gearwhine. Well the good news is that I just got a call from RE and they said the bushings will be in next week.

thanks for the info

How much are they wanting for the bushings? And, write back with a part# when you receive them. Doubt they will, but there has to be cross #.
Rensing

the whole set (frame end and shackle end) is $39.99. When I get them I will get the part #off the bushing it self and let ya know.

Back