• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

do ZJ springs have the same spring rate as XJ

isaacson

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to pick up some lift springs and I was wondering if I could use grand cherokee springs if I found a good deal on them. anyone know?

thanks

I was wondering about the lift coils, I found a pair of 4" zj coils will they work on my xj? I have an arb bumper and winch so I have some added weight on the front of my xj

people have asked this questions before, and the topic of ZJ v.s. XJ rates has been discussed... do a search, if you put 4" ZJ springs on an XJ, expect about 5" of lift

brandon

I just ordered a 3.5 inch RE lift w/ZJ springs from DPG Offroad. Dirk (owner) recommended the ZJ springs for the same reason you state, It will take the added weight of the arb and winch. He said that the springs are stiffer but with the extra weight it would be be the approx. same xj springs without the weight.

isaacson said:
I was wondering about the lift coils, I found a pair of 4" zj coils will they work on my xj? I have an arb bumper and winch so I have some added weight on the front of my xj

Rubicon Express's 4.5" zj coils will give you about 5.5" lift on an xj. I know because I used them with 2" spacers to give me around 7" or so of lift. Now I'm using 8" skyjacker xj coils without spacers up front on 35" mtrs.
Troy

Back