• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warn hubs or Tera 2low?

Jump This

Just another minion!
Or both....maybe by next weekend (having trouble with shipping co.) I will be getting my Detroits installed F&R...along with 4:56 R&P. The only concern I have (now) is running in tight areas (a lot of my wheelin' is done in either Truckhaven or LCIR) The hub exchange doesn't seem to be a realistic solution to tight turning (who wants to constantly jump in and out locking and unlocking hubs?) But the Tera kit seems like it could do the trick..
any one running a simular set-up? (or is the term 'similar set-up?')
Rick

I wouldn't do either. Send the front detroit back and get an OX locker. The front hubs, are another thing break, and you will be married to Warn. If you run in the sand, I'd think twice about the 4:1 because your reverse is going to be crap.

Yeah..........I don't trust OX Locker until they have been around long enough to fill orders and provide quality warranty work...
I am not talking about using the Tera Low...4:1 set up. What I am talking about is using a kit Tera makes that allows you to run in 2wd low.
Rick

The Terra 2low is a great solution. I thought I just saw another thread about it last week somewhere.

hub conversion is alot of money.

TEra 2 loiw. Had it in mine until I swapped in the 300. You'll learn to use it all over the place. great for tight turns, and for cruising between obstacles where you don't want speed but don't need 4 wheel. dave

Both. When you have a detroit in the front, though you may not feel it, your drivetrain parts are working. With the warn lockouts you eliminate the wear on those parts. Plus they are a lot stronger than stockers. The 2low is just damn handy on the trail. Put it in, you will use it more than you think.

Back