• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Easy Trails near Colorado Springs

N5KU

NAXJA Forum User
Hi Gang.
4W Parts is putting the finishing touches on my 3.5" RE superflex lift.
I need some easy trails to break it in on within a couple of hours of the springs. I am guessing most of the passes in the trail books are still snowed in. Does anyone know any good spots for some MODERATE wheeling that
will be open fairly quickly?

Try the mall parking lot. Little Japanese cars with fart pipes are suprisingly similar to rocks:)

As mentioned, there are a number of forest roads off Gold Camp rd, some are moderate if I remember right. There is also Slaughterhouse (gulch?) SW of Denver a small bit. Perhaps Bill Moore Lake or Yankee Hill by Idaho Springs are open at the lower altitudes?
Try the Colorado XJ group for a trail buddy:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/colorado-xj/
Ron
N5KU said:
Hi Gang.
4W Parts is putting the finishing touches on my 3.5" RE superflex lift.
I need some easy trails to break it in on within a couple of hours of the springs. I am guessing most of the passes in the trail books are still snowed in. Does anyone know any good spots for some MODERATE wheeling that
will be open fairly quickly?

If you want bring the XJ over and we will check it out and make sure they (4WP) did it right they have kinda a bad rep in the springs.
Led

That is not good to hear. I was trying to make sure I got it done right.
So far my only trouble is some drive shaft vibration. I am going back
Wednesday to get a spacer put on the t-case that should take care of it.
I went out into the National forest north of Divide and ran around a little
by signal butte. It seems to be ok other than the drive shaft vibration but there are some new noises that I need to get used to. I would be glad for you to take a look at it though. Can you shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]?

Running Chinamans Gulch on the first Saturday in June. This is a group of moderate rigs you can join us if you want. If Led looks at your rig you can ask him if it's up for this trail.

Thanks, I have read a little about Chinaman's Gulch and I think I am going to work up to it. There is a big group of family coming in late June and I need not to have broken anything by then! I am going to try to find the trail up Baldy this Saturday AM with a friend from work who is running a 2004 Land Rover. We will see if we can make any dents in his nice new rig.

I keep trying to squash all the imports in the mall parking lots, but those suckers are quick!!

Enjoy Mt. Baldy. Before you get to Mt. Baldy turn off there is a short loop trail (less than 1/2 mile in length) that leaves the Old Stage and comes right back. It has a couple of twisty dirt sections you could try the new lift on. Have fun

Thanks, I saw a bunch of jeeps heading that way and wondered where it went. I went up Baldy 2x. Fun trail. The first time I took 379 over
to Seven Lakes road. That had a few challenging spots.
My buddy made a tripod out of his rover....2 front wheels and 1 rear diff!
No damage. The steep, loose down hill approach to seven lakes had me real nervous but it turned out to be no problem.

Back