• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jerry can racks

JEEPERCREEPER

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have a source for good/nice jerry can holders/racks? Looking for ones that could be fab'ed/mounted to a rear tire carrier. 4X4 Trailers.com have some really nice ones, in different sizes and they sell the cans too. I've been trying to call and left phone messages with them for two weeks and I can't get them to call back and "take my money"! Hell of a way to run a business! Maybe they're "out of business"!

got mine off of eBay 10 bucks , they are always on there and you can modify tham as needed ( military surplus) not some crappy thin one from a bumper manufacturer that costs 60$+ :yelclap:

Fabbin your own is pretty easy... just some angle iron...

for a TJ... but the same applies.

tjtc16.jpg

YOu can buy the normal blitz can holders at most auto parts stores but they vary widely in prices, seen em from $10 to $20 between 4 local parts stores.
Military vehicles just use a piece of angle iron with a slot cut in it to hold a 2" wide canvas strap that holds it in place. Used that setup for years on my issue M113's with no problems to carry the plastic water jugs. You could probably come up with an L shaped bracket out of some 2 or 3 inch wide steel, just make the right bends. If you have a guard or reserve unit go check out what they use and you might come up with an idea or two.

GSequoia said:
Here's what I have...mounted to my OEM tire carrier:

074%20Sat%20-%20Twenty%20Five.jpg

I'll try to find out who makes it...

Sequoia

You do realize that you have the can facing the wrong way, the cap is supposed to be facing outboard in the event of a rear ender the gas will spew over your rear tire.

Anybody seen / done a mount inside the rig? I'm thinking about doing a 4 wheel drive hardware water can inside the back, opposite the spare. They're $25, but I'm tired of Wallyworld junk leaking through the vent!

The milspec cans for water are plastic and will fit in the standard blitz holder with no problem. I've seen them in black, green, desert tan and white. The blacks are nice for getting warm water by leaving them in the sun all day.
As for gas I would never store gas inside my XJ for anything more than bringing the full cans home from the gas station after filling.

I meant that if I was gonna ask you if somebody asked me what it was...actually I was gonna look at it this weekend, but I forgot. It's a good little rack, I just have to adjust the carrier a little bit, kinda hard to close right now.

Back