• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New TCase Skid

Bear549

NAXJA Forum User
I just received my new DPG Rock Basher TCase skid from Rock Lizard Fabrications and I have to say this is the nicest piece of armor that I have seen, especially for tcase skids. It attaches from frame rail to frame rail all the way acrossed the cross member and it is 3/16" thick. It came with all the hardware and even the drill bit you need. I will have more on how the install goes later.

im001281s.jpg

I got the t-case skid put on last night and it was very simple. It took about an hour to do. It would almost take an act of god to have something hit the transfer case now. Something else I like about this design is that it takes some stress off of the crossmember bolts from where the support brackets mount for the control arm drop brackets on the RE lift. Install article coming soon....!

im001300.jpg

im001314.jpg

im001319.jpg

Last edited:
Looks really good :thumbup: I wish they had that out, when I bought my Rusty's. I like the way it tucks up rally tight. My Rusty's has been good, but it hangs down

Rob P

Useless, nice skid. I'm looking at doing something the same this summer. Looks like it really gives some frame strength. Juice

It nearly identical to the one Ive been selling for 4 years now. LOL mine comes with all the hardware and drill bit even. and is smooth on the bottom nothing to catch on the rocks. and its 100.00 cheaper plus shopping. So thats like 140.00 less. yeah there are alot of guys appropriating my ideas these days. Oh well what cha gonna do.

picture.JPG

Last edited:
xjnation said:
It nearly identical to the one Ive been selling for 4 years now. LOL mine comes with all the hardware and drill bit even. and is smooth on the bottom nothing to catch on the rocks. and its 100.00 cheaper plus shopping. So thats like 140.00 less. yeah there are alot of guys appropriating my ideas these days. Oh well what cha gonna do.

i can understand why you would feel a bit agitated if you feel people are ripping off your original design.

yes, they are very similar, but actually yours is only $50 cheaper. $180 vs. $130. yours is only smooth because it doesn't bolt under the skid. the RL skid is not smooth because it bolts under the cross member and has protection for those bolt heads. the RL skid also has the edges that run perpendicular to the frame rails bent up for extra strength.

i guess its just up to the customers if they want to spend an extra $50 for the extra strength.

RL for $180
TCase_skid_1.jpg

TCase_skid_3.jpg

or CN for $130
picture.JPG

image001.jpg

actually mine includes shipping at 129.00 and the price on their website is 179.00 plus shipping. So around a 70.00 difference. I just saw the retail price my bad. Its cool!

Its a very nice unit.

The bolts underneath are not needed we tested for several years before we put em out for sale. Also we had those cool little raised sections to cover the bolts on the original prototype on the flat and got rid of em. because that extra 1/2" of ground clearance kept hanging us up on extreme trails. my suggestion would be to go to a recessed screw on the flat. The angles dont seam to matter.

We also got rid of the slotted holes on the sides at the frame rails.

They where our biggest headache the slot when the skid would flex would allow the skid to move and caused bolt failure.

The skid when it bend does not bend at the flat section it bends on the 7* angle. by beefing up the center section you transfer more stress to the angle. ( we tried it too).

We found out through years of testing simple worked best.

Its a great skid and the design has worked great for many years.

I also just noticed the the bend on the flat there is a 1/4" over cut. I would weld that up. That cut is called a " stress riser" It gives a place for all the stresses of use to migtrate too. This area will eventully crack. To stop it from happening I would spot weld this closed

Last edited:
picture.JPG

Shoot Im gonna have to come up with a new design for my new truck myself. :wierd:

On a side note Im glad too see more good quality products coming out for the XJ. No disrespect on my previous post intended! JUst passing along hard learned info :clap:

Last edited:
I've never seen either the XJ-Nation or the RL skid in person, but I'm curious if there are any engine skids (like the Skid Row model) that will work with either of these TC skids?

Thanks,
Dave

dbxj said:
I've never seen either the XJ-Nation or the RL skid in person, but I'm curious if there are any engine skids (like the Skid Row model) that will work with either of these TC skids?

Thanks,
Dave

I hve one designed but the market has been so small I never went into production with it. Mine actually mounted 100% to engine and trans rather to the frame. Maybe now might be the time?

Back