• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another NAXJA member for Colorado Chapter

mtnranger

NAXJA Forum User
Joined NAXJA tonight and want to hookup with you guys for some wheelin fun. I read IRA's post and would like to know your safety requirments and any other rules that I should be aware of . I'm new to 4wheeling but have allways had one and I've got a 98XJ now and I'm ready to learn. My job makes it tough to make all the meetings but I'll try. My rigs stock now but RE lift is ordered from DPG and wheels are next. I plan on making the Colorado NAXJA event in August so count me in on that too.

Welcome Newbie! :D

Here's a link to a post in one of our past event forums that discusses the usual rig safety requirements for NAXJA sponsored events.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=501

As far as additional requirements, those are usually added depending upon the kind of trail being scheduled. These are usually determined by the Member that will be acting as the trail leader. Additional equipment that may be required for harder trails could include: specific lift height, specific tire size, locker or lockers, body armor, winch, specific spare parts, etc....

I'll let you know in advance that the majority of "moderate" and higher rated trails will require you to have at least one "traction aid device" be it a limited slip, solid locker or ARB so be sure to add that to your "investment".

Hope this helps!

What part of CO are you located in? If you need help w/ the lift or anything give us a holler. There's about 8 of us in Springs, it's been awhile since we had "Lift Party".

The last lift party you threw sucked!!!! It was on a Liberty?!?!?
Welcome to the Club

Welcome to NAXJA, hope to meet you on the trails. Beware of hanging out with those guys from CS, it can ruin your rep. :roflmao: Oh and by the way, don't let Led anywhere close to your rig with a sawzall.

I'm located in Conifer and work in Commerce City. I'll attempt the lift myself but appreciate the offer, if I run into trouble I 'll holler. You mention Locker, my 98 has the Cry 8.25 w/tracloc, how trail worthy is the tracloc? I was planning on the ARB since I'm keeping this a dd rig but if the tracloc will hold up I'll do other upgrades first like gears and a front locker. One more question, Is there a better tool to cut the fenders besides the sawzall?
Barry

mtnranger said:
, Is there a better tool to cut the fenders besides the sawzall?
Barry

Why yes there is, A plasma cutter works wonders.

In a pinch though, a grinder with a cutting disc; or a jigsaw with a metal blade; or a cutting wheel will work.

A body saw will run you about 30 bones and is a air powered mini sawzaw1/4 size. works great
Led

Welcome to the club.

All this talk of cutting is making me h***ny. I need to cut my rear fenders and rear quarters, but am hesitant to do it myself without experience on the quarters. Also, Joey, did D&C bend up your rear bumper and quarter protection? I need to get things rolling.

Chomping at the bit,
Crunch

Crunch said:
Welcome to the club.

All this talk of cutting is making me h***ny. I need to cut my rear fenders and rear quarters, but am hesitant to do it myself without experience on the quarters. Also, Joey, did D&C bend up your rear bumper and quarter protection? I need to get things rolling.

Chomping at the bit,
Crunch

Hey Crunch, I got plenty of experince plasma'ing my rear end. does it matter I set the interior on fire?

Bring it up to the shop, the plasma operator runs on Fat Tire.

Grant

Any chance we could install a certain D60 as well? I also need 4.88s installed in my 30 if we do that, I have the gears and install kit. That is a little more than Fat Tire work. I am starting work either this or next Tuesday (if my background check is clean :shiver: ). Trying to get as much stuff done as possible first.

I'll give you a call.

Thanks,
Crunch

I made the rear bumper, then Led and I did the tubing goofing around one Sunday. Takes a day to do the bumper (including cutting the quarter panels), sh*t we could probably do the tubing too in the same day.

Joey fabbed up my rear bumper also(traded him a locker for it).Looks just like his ,pretty much,good and stout.He folded my 1/4 panels while I was at work (he,Led and I have a shop/hangar at the same airport where my aircraft maintenance business is located-very convenient)then I helped with the bumper after work-Joey did most of the work-and it took about 4-5 hours to do the bumper.Thanks again Big Joe.
Jeff

Back