• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

questions about welding roof rack to gutters

jb98xj

NAXJA Forum User
I am considering fabbing a roof rack and running pieces of flat steel down from each corner and welding it to the rain gutters. Will this cause any problems? Has anyone else done this? Any input would be great!!

Yeah...It probably won't come off to easy! HAHAHA :) Just kiddin' I was thinking of making one this summer and have yet to come up with an idea other than trying to mate the rack to the brackets that go into the stock roof rack rails.

kargomaster mounting brackets are cheap around $35.00 and clamp to the factory rack mounts. good starting point

I would reinforce the kargomasters if you go that route...I've posted before that I've bent two and snapped one. Next I'm going to weld some gussets and see if they stand up to the trees.

P

i would say farmer matt has the best set up he bolted his straight to the roof! (from what i understand he told me he has whinched off of it!??) all he did was bolt it to the factory roof rack holes!! pretty easy! plus those crapy things that clamp on are cheap and move the rack too high and make u way too top heavy!!

stoney

Back