• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

walmart m/ts?any good?

MCD

NAXJA Forum User
i was lookin at the wallmart flyer and saw some tires that dont look half bad. i think they are douglas super sports. they come in a 31 and i was wondering if any on runs them. i want them for a dd and i dont want to go higher than 31s.

all help apreciated

I have them on my f150.. no complaints.. kinda noisy.. but hey its a truck.

as an added bonus you can inflate them to 60 psi(or was it 45 psi :D) and get that "wandering" feeling while driving.. its so cool.

How much ?? We have walmart AT's on one of our TJ's, 30x9.50's, they are OK, wear good and when I looked up the model they sold for about $70ea or so.

RichP said:
How much ?? We have walmart AT's on one of our TJ's, 30x9.50's, they are OK, wear good and when I looked up the model they sold for about $70ea or so.

I think I paid 80 a piece for the M/Ts can't remember. that was before I discovered the retread place from south dakota.. I will try them out next. if I can ever find there website.. again.

I have the liberators a/t your talking about on my wifes cherokee.. work good, wear well and cheap 49 a piece.

I am a cheap person.

I have a cousin that runs the walmart 31s on a 98 4wd blazer and really likes them. IIRC they were around $100 per. I was considering the 33s they have because of the lower price ($117) than BFG or GY. Hope that helps some.

Mike

Obviously, Walmart doesn't manufacture the tires, but you can find out who did for them. All you have to know is the tire code on the side of the tire.

The number-letter tire code is located on the sidewall, near the DOT designation. It should have a format similiar to this ---> XXYY MMM999.

The XX is the manufacturer.
The YY is the tire size
The MMM is an optional tire type code, and the "999" is the date of manufacture.
In the tire coding system, the letters "G", "I", "O", "R", "S" and "Z" are never used.

To find out the XX designation for the manufacturer follow this link --> Click Me! Click Me!

Ivan

Backdraft said:
I have a cousin that runs the walmart 31s on a 98 4wd blazer and really likes them. IIRC they were around $100 per. I was considering the 33s they have because of the lower price ($117) than BFG or GY. Hope that helps some.

Mike

BJ's Wholesale sells the BFG AT/KO's for about $107 mounted, balanced, taxed and installed w/roadhazard. Never seen the MT's there though. With this gear change coming up it might be an incentive to go get me 5 of those 30" bfgs though.
Sams club has 31" BFGs, 4 for ~$470 out the door, mounted, balanced, taxed, trying to compete with BJ's I guess.

Ivan said:
Obviously, Walmart doesn't manufacture the tires, but you can find out who did for them. All you have to know is the tire code on the side of the tire.

The number-letter tire code is located on the sidewall, near the DOT designation. It should have a format similiar to this ---> XXYY MMM999.

The XX is the manufacturer.
The YY is the tire size
The MMM is an optional tire type code, and the "999" is the date of manufacture.
In the tire coding system, the letters "G", "I", "O", "R", "S" and "Z" are never used.

To find out the XX designation for the manufacturer follow this link --> Click Me! Click Me!

Ivan

I just looked at the walmart tires M/T tires on my F150

here is the code. DOT PJ60 AAKV 4802

If I wrote down the right code, then the tires where made by

THE KELLY-SPRINGFIELD TIRE COMPANY
FAYETTEVILLE
NORTH CAROLINA
US

the tires are a load c range and are made in the usa

Last edited:
i have those liberators in the 30x9.5 variety. they aren't bad for the price, but my experience is that if you drive in rain much, skip em. also, the tread is OK, but don't put much (read: any) stock in sidewall strength. get the road hazard warranty. if you use these tires, you will probably need it. i've had to replace three. the first one they paid for, the second one was prorated, and the third i just had to flat out buy again. for a street rig that sees dirt once in a while, they'll be fine, but i won't be back for more.
hope this helps,
dan f.

I got 4 Dunlop MT's in a 30 x 9.5 for a hair under 400 mounted,balanced and the works from Sam's

Wally World wanted 93 per tire before anything for the Super Sport MT.(Made by the Kelly Springfield Div of the Goodyear Co.)

BTW, Dunlop is a div of Goodyear now.

while we are on the subject of tires at wal-mart, i saw some general mud terrain radial 33 x 12.50's for under 100 bucks each. They have a pretty aggresive tread and with the white walls in, i dont think they look have bad. has anyone run these and how was your experience?

RINGKONG said:
...that was before I discovered the retread place from south dakota... I will try them out next. if I can ever find there website.. again.

Wish granted...

http://www.high-tec-retreading.com/sizes.html

I'm gearing up for a set of their OTR Mud 31" tires with green diamonds. I was quoted $300 for a set of 4 shipped, or $250 without the green diamond additive.

BTW - "green diamond" is something gritty they put into the rubber to make it work like a studded snow tire. Supposedly increases treadlife a little too.

Jared:patriot:

hey deadeye, do u have any pictures of what those retread mudterrains look like mounted?? I see they have a 33 x 12.50 and im kinda interested in them.

DeadEyeJ said:
Wish granted...

http://www.high-tec-retreading.com/sizes.html

I'm gearing up for a set of their OTR Mud 31" tires with green diamonds. I was quoted $300 for a set of 4 shipped, or $250 without the green diamond additive.

BTW - "green diamond" is something gritty they put into the rubber to make it work like a studded snow tire. Supposedly increases treadlife a little too.

thanks!

:worship:

dellstopjeep said:
hey deadeye, do u have any pictures of what those retread mudterrains look like mounted?? I see they have a 33 x 12.50 and im kinda interested in them.

Nope. I've never owned any... yet. I know a couple of the 4x4 mags have done articles about these tires (nothin but praise), so I would assume they have some pictures in there. But that's about all I know.

The 33's look almost identical treadwise to a Dunlop Mud Rover. So, find some pics of them and you should have a pretty good idea.

Here's the retread 33"
mud33.jpg

Heres a Dunlop Radial Mud Rover
726_lt_mudrover_3qt.jpg

That's the best I can do in under 5 minutes. Just get em and tell us how good they are. :rtm:

Back