• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Waggy Dana 44 Swap

xjguy98

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I have the opportunity to buy an 88 Grand Wagoneer with Dana 44's front and rear. The thought crossed my mind when i first heard of it that i should throw the 44's into the 98 Cherokee. I havent been able to find any tech info on this because apparently, from what i can tell, nobody has done it with Wagoneer axles. Does anyone have any advice or info on these axles and if this is a good swap or not?

It's been done several times. Run a search for waggy or 44 or similar topics and you will uncover a wealth of info.

Welcome to the board!

xjguy98 said:
I havent been able to find any tech info on this because apparently, from what i can tell, nobody has done it with Wagoneer axles. Does anyone have any advice or info on these axles and if this is a good swap or not?

Nobody on here would know since its never been done EVER! :looser:

Dirk Pitt said:
It's been done several times. Run a search for waggy or 44 or similar topics and you will uncover a wealth of info.

Welcome to the board!

not several, but hundreds!!!!
wait, i mean nope never been done

xjguy98,

First, please ignore some of the smart ass replies to your post - but understand that your question certainly has been asked hundreds of times in the past and you made it very clear you didn't even attempt at doing a search of the forums before posting your question. Searching before asking is just common courtesy so that the masses don't have to keep seeing the same kinds of posts over and over again. Searching using key words as "waggy axles" or "waggy D44" should net you more info than you could imagine.

Secondly, your choice of screen name is gonna haunt you on this internet forum site. We had this very ignorant, self-centered, unreasonable pinhead that called himself "XJGuy" and we put up with his B.S. for a very long time before he was finally banned. If you keep your screen name, you're probably gonna experience some "turbulence".

Welcome to NAXJA! You'll find alot of help and support here - just get in the habit of using the search feature first! :guitar:

Back