• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Camping at Red Ridge

CHW

NAXJA Forum User
There have been some questions about the camping arrangements at Red Ridge.

There is no need to make reservations, unless you have a camper (or rolling palace), we have the group campsite that we always get. Just look for all the XJ’s parked in the field past the pavilion; the campsites are in the woods spread along the creek.

I need to call them, wasn't sure if the palace was coming or not until a couple days ago. I hope they let me park in the same place as last time.

i already made a reservation for an idividual tent sitew for myself. It was only $10 a night so i will probably just keep it.

John

Thats good to know.Didnt want to roll in late Fri night with no place to sleep.
Thanks,
Wayne

OneTonXJ said:
I need to call them, wasn't sure if the palace was coming or not until a couple days ago. I hope they let me park in the same place as last time.

Sean, hold a space next to the palace so I can park my slum house. That'll just make moms motor home that much nicer.

Dan, last time we parked out in the middle (essentially) of the campground. We went self sufficient after taking on a tank full of water. Do you need to be hooked up to electric? They have some sites, but they're at the other end of the campground and it sucks to stumble home that far :confused1 I'll talk to them tomorrow and see if we can park side by side if you don't need da hook ups.

Re: Directions to Red Ridge camp ground?

Diretions for getting to the camp ground. Road name or address I can use to put into map quest.

Re: Directions to Red Ridge camp ground?

96 Classic said:
Diretions for getting to the camp ground. Road name or address I can use to put into map quest.

Red Ridge Lake Campground, 61 Millers Road, Zion Grove, PA 17985
Red Ridge Phone number is 1 570 384-4760.

To Red Ridge:

Exit 143 on I81 (same as Paragon)

South PA 924 about six miles (ignore Oak Ridge Rd. turnoff for Paragon)

( *** Landmark before next turn - you'll pass "Eagle Rock" resort on your right. *** )

RIGHT turn on S.R. 1005 (actually, Rt 924 starts to bend to the left, it's
almost a straight "turn". Small direction sign to "Oneida"" Also, a "BLUE TENT"
directional campground sign). A couple of hundred yards to Stop Sign.

LEFT turn on 1st Street (drive through "center" of Oneida). Street becomes
"Nuremburg Rd" after sharp bend to the right after the center of town.

Go about 2 miles (do NOT turn onto Cove Mountain Drive on left in the first
half mile or so). You'll go down a long hill, after it flattens out - you'll
come to an intersection.

LEFT Turn (another "BLUE TENT" campground directional sign). This is Millers
Rd, but I'm not sure if there is a street sign. In about a quarter mile, road
bends to the left uphill and in about a half mile -

comes to a "T" intersection (with "Spiece" Rd ).

LEFT Turn. Go about 1 mile (a sharp 90* right turn comes up in the first
quarter mile or so) and you'll reach a "Y" intersection with Baums Hill Rd
coming from the right. Another "BLUE TENT" campground directional sign is here.

BEAR LEFT. Go about 1 mile. Red Ridge Campground entrance is on the right.
Cross small bridge. Office is directly ahead. Check in - the NAXJA Group site is in the tree row past the office and pavilion, along the creek.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

Scott Mac. said:
How far is the campground from town? How easy will it be to pickup provisions?

Worse case - within half an hour or so. CG is about 20 minutes from Paragon, Paragon is about 10 minutes from downtown Hazleton. Hazleton is a decent sized community - everything available there. It's an easy deal to swing into Hazleton after a day at the park before heading back to the CG. There's also a large Exxon minimart a few minutes from Paragon for gasoline, subs, and your morning breakfast cookies, etc.

(Actually, when I was looking into Wayne's question about coming in from the south, I noticed that the town of Shenandoah (PA) is about 10 miles south of the CG and it might have some stores as well - gonna check it out next Thursday after playtime.)

Fore Wheeler said:
does the camp ground have showers and such. hope so, I get stinky after a day or two.

I plan on maintaining a distinct smell of Baby Oil! :D

Les

lbexj said:
I plan on maintaining a distinct smell of Baby Oil! :D

Les
Looks like I'm getting out to NACFest, but sans XJ, I'll be riding shotgun with Beezil.

What I do need is a crash spot in a tent. Anybody got space?

ChiXJeff said:
Looks like I'm getting out to NACFest, but sans XJ, I'll be riding shotgun with Beezil.

What I do need is a crash spot in a tent. Anybody got space?

PM'd ya, buddy

Fore Wheeler said:
does the camp ground have showers and such. hope so, I get stinky after a day or two.

Nice of the rest of you locals to chime in! (Damn - you'd think I was the only one that has ever been to the place! . . . . . .)

Anyway, yes, Mr. Dan - there's a pond you can take a dip in, but in the interest of sparing the fish, RR has pretty good shower heads and plenty of hot water. And, after you guys finish a Twister marathon, they even have ice cream in the camp store - :looney:

ChiXJeff said:
Looks like I'm getting out to NACFest, but sans XJ,

Good thing too, the red 2 door quota has been filled!

Actually, going to be strange to see you sans camper, not sans XJ.

Glad you're headed out.

Back