• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Modine!!

JKTXJ

NAXJA Forum User
My 3 row GDI bit the dust so I replaced it with a 2 row Modine. IMO, way better cooling and way better quality. It was 30 bucks more, but well worth it I think. Drove 2000+ miles to Southern Utah and back right after installing it and it never got hot on the entire trip. Outside temps were in the 80's and those grades near Escalante and Boulder UT are steep!! I am sold on the Modine!!

My Modine two row was a breeze to install, cools much better than my oem did and it seemed to be quality construction. I'm very happy with mine as well.

same here, dumped the GDI junk and have been very happy with my Modine.

ravi

Where is the best place to buy one online...I need to pick one up before Summer hits.

My '91 has a Modine but it also has the Chryco logo?? My heep has a lot of original parts still, would Modine have made OEM replacements?

4WDXPRT said:
Where is the best place to buy one online...I need to pick one up before Summer hits.
Your Local napa can get one for you.

ravi

4WDXPRT said:
Got mine at Napa as well. Carry receipt with you in the Jeep and any Napa will warranty it if it goes South.

I don't know how they compare to the CSF but to replaced my junk GDI with a Modine and it's better. The modine's are a OEM replcement so maybe the did supply some to Chrysler. If the CSF are three rows like the GDI then I would think the modines are better.

Weasel said:
I don't know how they compare to the CSF but to replaced my junk GDI with a Modine and it's better. The modine's are a OEM replcement so maybe the did supply some to Chrysler. If the CSF are three rows like the GDI then I would think the modines are better.

After reading about radiators on the 'be cool' site the difference between two and three cores is no great thing. Two bigger cores according to them do a better job then 3 smaller cores and they don't really have any reason to go one way or the other, they just need to supply a good quality rad that can cool someones $100,000.00+ hot rod and I'm sure if the 3 cores were better they would build them. I too have always had good results with modine as a replacment rad. We inherited an 82 Chevy celebrity around 85 with a V6 that ALWAYS ran hot in the summer. After about 4 years of this I figured it was time to replace the rad so I put a modine in it. Darn if the temps did not drop dramatically even in traffic with the A/C on so my results were good. I've used modines on 82 S-10, 87 Trooper II, 80 something dodge aries K wagon. All fit, no having to 'custom fit' it or buy adapters.

I agree with you Rich, I'm a firm beliver that the two bigger rows will cool better in the Modine since they can have a greater flow volume then the smaller three rows can regardless of the increase in surface area they may have.

Looked on the NAPA site, and the Modine says w/o filler neck? So I'm assuming it is a direct swap for the closed system? Where as with a GDI you have the option of open 3-core or closed 3-core? Modine also looks alot cheaper(15-30$) than th GDI's.

My Modine 2 row was a direct bolt in on my '95. Its great quality and I don't know why anyone would even consider a GDI with all the quality control issues and high failure rate they have. :dunno: BTW, I didn't get mine through Napa and I'm not sure what they carry. How much do they run at Napa?

Back