• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yukon Gears Good Quality?

I have had them in over a year now. Quite running gears. Price can't be beat. They have two lines, value and quality. I went with the quality. Juice

How can you tell what quality you are ordering. Randy's has package deal for 4.56 set for $389.00. If there are any better sets for the money I would be interested also. I am not stuck on cheap God and everyone else know you only want to do this once. I've looked around and I know that Randy's sell goo quality parts but is there some other company that is just as good I am over looking? I normally research then buy and then ask questions later.
Joe

SOOLONG said:
How can you tell what quality you are ordering. Randy's has package deal for 4.56 set for $389.00. If there are any better sets for the money I would be interested also. I am not stuck on cheap God and everyone else know you only want to do this once. I've looked around and I know that Randy's sell goo quality parts but is there some other company that is just as good I am over looking? I normally research then buy and then ask questions later.
Joe

Look up RawBrown on this board and talk to him: he's a reseller for Randy and he can often get you as good price as going direclty through Randy and sometimes better.
Also he can answer any questions you might have about them :D Just don't talk to him too long or he will talk you into upgrading more then you planned for :D

<edit> Forgot to mention that supposedly quite often you can end up with spicer gears when you order Yukon :D

Last edited:
When I ordered mine from Randy's I asked about Spicer gears and they were able to confirm that the 4.56's and the 4.88's were actually made by spicer.
The 4.56 went in a TJ. Set up easy and have been problem free. The 4.88;s aren't in yet thats next week. I went with the Quality line as well.

Yukon install kits were all timkin bearings and had everthing I needed in it some come with new axle seals others do not I had to order my seals seperate.

When I spoke with Randy's about purchasing my gears, they confirmed that the Yukon brand is whatever they consider best for that particular application. I only asked them about the Dana 30 gears, but for the Dana 30, Yukon gears are either Spicer gears or one other brand that is even stronger, according to Randy's, I can't remember the name of the other company now. I'll do some searching and see if I can find an old thread on it.

Edit:
Found the thread:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13174&highlight=yukon+spicer
Yukons are either made by Spicer or American Axle out of Chicago for the Dana 30. When I bought mine there was a price difference, so I went with the cheaper Spicer R&P.

Last edited:
Thank guys for testing these gears for me. It is like having my own personal research and development team. The info is great. I will order the kit from RawBrown if he answers the PM I sent him. That way I can support a fellow XJ'er. :patriot:
Joe

Back