• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I've searched... seeking an easy, yet definitive answer..

Depending on what gear ratio you have in your D30 now, you might need a new carrier.

I know there is a carrier break between 3.55 and 3.73 on the D30, but there may be another one higher up to fit your 4.88 gears. Check with Randy's R&P, they'll probably be able to answer your question and supply the parts you need.

*Edit* I did a brief search, and it seems that there is only the one break point in the D30 gearing range. So you need a carrier for 3.73 and up... try ebay or the various jeep classifieds if you are willing to spend the time, or purchase new from a gear supplier like where you got your gears and install kit.

Last edited:
I got my carrier from Randys last year. If no locker up front your will need the loaded carrier which means it has spider gears in it. Also it would be a good time to replace the u-joints on the axle shafts for up grade them. While its all out might as well. Also check your pinion seal, again a good time to replace it if its leaking. www.ring-pinion.com
They will take care of you. Juice

Back