• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clutch Slave - "Weeping" Replacement seal kit available ?

paulbutler1

NAXJA Forum User
I have had a couple of clutch slave units for my XJ develop a slow "weep" and the dump the fluid after a few weeks of topping up. One of these replacement units only lasted 3 months from new !. Do you know if there is a replacement seal kit on the market that I can purchase and fix up both units . It will certainly save a few bucks and might get the original unit working. Contacty name of company & number would be great

Last edited:
paulbutler1 said:
I have had a couple of clutch slave units for my XJ develop a slow "weep" and the dump the fluid after a few weeks of topping up. One of these replacement units only lasted 3 months from new !. Do you know if there is a replacement seal kit on the market that I can purchase and fix up both units . It will certainly save a few bucks and might get the original unit working. Contacty name of company & number would be great

Experience has shown that the OEM Jeep Mopar units last, most of the aftermarkets do not, kinda the same with fuel pumps. As for rebuilding kits, have never looked, thats one of those items that when you do all the work to remove the bad one you want to replace it with a new one. Check out the NAPA site and send them an email, they seen to have rebuilding kits for almost everything else.

paulbutler1 said:
Rich , do you have a website for NAPA . It's not a company I know. Thanks for this . Paul

http://www.napaonline.com

I also did a quick yahoo search, got alot of hits so you might want to look there also.

paulbutler1 said:

Aftermarket slaves are not know for their durability..I just tore my trans out today cuz mine is acting up too (gawddamn internal slave design). This is my 3rd slave in 4 or 5 years. Clutch Master cylinders are notorious for that too.

I have been recommended to use an FTE Automotive slave...it's the highest quality slvae that stores like Advance Auto & Auto Zone carry, as well as replace with a MOPAR, about $50 more for MOPAR over FTE. The rebuild kits are about $20 from NAPA and I was strongly advised against them by the local NAPA owner (family friend....not a schmuck looking to screw me into a big purchase).

That's about where I am now, I'm gonna reconnect the slave and bleed the system with the trans out to see if the slave is working the way it should.....

Back